Technological Change, Relative Wages, and Unemployment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 94/111.
Date of creation: 01 Sep 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 1997. "Technological change, relative wages, and unemployment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 187-205, February.
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"A Theory of Dual Labor Markets with Application to Industrial Policy,Discrimination, and Keynesian Unemployment,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 376-414, July.
- Jeremy I. Bulow & Lawrence H. Summers, 1986. "A Theory of Dual Labor Markets with Application to Industrial Policy, Discrimination and Keynesian Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 1666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacob Mincer, 1991. "Human Capital, Technology, and the Wage Structure: What Do Time Series Show?," NBER Working Papers 3581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pissarides, Christopher A. & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 1994. "On-the-job search: Some empirical evidence from Britain," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 385-401, February.
- David A. Brauer & Susan Hickok, 1995. "Explaining the growing inequality in wages across skill levels," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jan, pages 61-75.
- Eswar Prasad, 1994. "The Canadian Labor Market - Developments, Prospects, and Policy," IMF Working Papers 94/97, International Monetary Fund.
- Chatrerji, Monojit & Sparks, Roger, 1991. "Real wages, productivity, and the cycle: An efficiency wage model," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 495-510.
- Dimitri G. Demekas, 1994. "Labor Market Institutions and Flexibility in Italy - A Critical Evaluation and Some International Comparisons," IMF Working Papers 94/30, International Monetary Fund.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-44, June.
- Bound, John & Johnson, George, 1992. "Changes in the Structure of Wages in the 1980's: An Evaluation of Alternative Explanations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 371-92, June.
- Berman, Eli & Bound, John & Griliches, Zvi, 1994. "Changes in the Demand for Skilled Labor within U.S. Manufacturing: Evidence from the Annual Survey of Manufactures," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(2), pages 367-97, May.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 1999.
"Macroeconomic adjustment with segmented labor markets,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 277-296, April.
- Joshua Aizenman & Pierre-Richard AgÃ©nor, 1994. "Macroeconomic Adjustment with Segmented Labor Markets," IMF Working Papers 94/56, International Monetary Fund.
- Pierre-Richard Agenor & Joshua Aizenman, 1994. "Macroeconomic Adjustment with Segmented Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 4769, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre-Richard Agenor & Joshua Aizenman, 1996. "Wage Dispersion and Technical Progress," NBER Working Papers 5417, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Josef Falkinger & Volker Grossmann, 2003.
"Workplaces in the Primary Economy and Wage Pressure in the Secondary Labor Market,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 159(3), pages 523-, September.
- Falkinger, Josef & Grossmann, Volker, 2002. "Workplaces in the Primary Economy and Wage Pressure in the Secondary Labor Market," IZA Discussion Papers 523, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- De Palma, Francesco & Seegmuller, Thomas, 2005.
"Dual Labor Market And Endogenous Fluctuations,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 398-411, June.
- Francesco De Palma & Thomas Seegmuller, 2005. "Dual Labor Market and Endogenous Fluctuations," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00194165, HAL.
- Sneessens, Henri R., 1998. "Technological Bias and Unemployment: A Macroeconomic Perspective," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1999024, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Aug 1999.
- Josef Falkinger & Volker Grossmann, 2001. "Work Organization, Wage Pressure in the Secondary Labor Market, and the Green Card," CESifo Working Paper Series 485, CESifo Group Munich.
- Francesco De Palma & Thomas Seegmuller, 2005. "Dual Labor Market and Endogenous Fluctuations," Post-Print halshs-00194165, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.