Determinants of Private Investment in Pakistan
AbstractThis paper investigates the determinants of private investment in Pakistan with special emphasis on the impact of government investment. Using annual data for the period 1973/74-1991/92, it is estimated that private investment was positively correlated to GDP growth, to credit extended to the private sector, and to government investment. When government investment is disaggregated into Its infrastructural and noninfrastructural components, the latter is found to be negatively correlated with private investment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 93/30.
Date of creation: 01 Mar 1993
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naveed H. Naqvi, 2002. "Crowding-in or Crowding-out? Modelling the Relationship between Public and Private Fixed Capital Formation Using Co-integration Analysis: The Case of Pakistan 1964-2000," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 41(3), pages 255-276.
- António Afonso & João Tovar Jalles, 2011. "Linking Investment and Fiscal Policies," Working Papers Department of Economics, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon 2011/16, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Stephen S. Everhart & Mariusz A. Sumlinski, 2001. "Trends in Private Investment in Developing Countries : Statistics for 1970-2000 and the Impact on Private Investment of Corruption and the Quality of Public Investment," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13989, August.
- Hyder, Kalim & Ahmed, Qazi Masood, 2003.
"Why Private Investment In Pakistan Has Collapsed And How It Can Be Restored,"
16251, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Jan 2004.
- Kalim Hyder & Qazi Masood Ahmed, 2004. "Why Private Investment In Pakistan Has Collapsed And How It Can Be Restored," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 9(1), pages 107-125, Jan-June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.