Proposals for Privatization in Eastern Europe
AbstractThis paper discusses several proposals for a wholesale privatization of public enterprises in Eastern Europe. These proposals include the distribution of ”vouchers” to private citizens as well as the use of mutual funds, privatization companies and other forms of financial intermediaries. The paper analyzes the implications for economic efficiency of the different forms of ownership and control that would emerge from the proposals as well as their main macroeconomic consequences.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 91/36.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 1991
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- R. Daviddi, 1994. "Privatisation in the transition to a market economy," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 47(191), pages 399-429.
- R. Daviddi, 1994. "Privatisation in the transition to a market economy," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 47(191), pages 399-429.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2003. "The Transition to a Market Economy in Russia: Property Rights, Mass Privatization and Stabilization," Development and Comp Systems 0312001, EconWPA.
- Robert Holzmann, 1993.
"Reforming old-age pensions systems in Central and Eastern European countries in transition,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 191-218, December.
- Robert Holzmann, 1993. "Reforming old-age pensions systems in Central and Eastern European countries in transition," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 191-218, December.
- Blangiewicz, Maria & Charemza, Wojciech W., 1999. "East European Economic Reform: Some Simulations on a Structural Vector Autoregressive Model," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 535-557, September.
- Tardos, Márton, 1998.
"Sikeres-e a privatizáció?. Magyarországi tapasztalatok (1990-1997)
[Has privatization been successful?. Hungarian experiences 1990-1997]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 317-332.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.