Monetary Policy Analysis and Forecasting in the Group of Twenty: A Panel Unobserved Components Approach
AbstractThis paper develops a panel unobserved components model of the monetary transmission mechanism in the world economy, disaggregated into twenty national economies along the lines of the Group of Twenty. This structural macroeconometric model features extensive linkages between the real and financial sectors, both within and across economies. A variety of monetary policy analysis and forecasting applications of the estimated model are demonstrated, based on a Bayesian framework for conditioning on judgment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 10/152.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2010-07-31 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FOR-2010-07-31 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MON-2010-07-31 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Bui, Trung, 2011.
"Apocalypse Then: The Evolution of the North Atlantic Economy and the Global Crisis,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8688, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Trung Bui, 2011. "Apocalypse Then: The Evolution of the North Atlantic Economy and the Global Crisis," RBA Annual Conference Volume, in: Hugo Gerard & Jonathan Kearns (ed.), The Australian Economy in the 2000s Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Trung Bui & Tamim Bayoumi, 2011. "Apocalypse Then: The Evolution of the North Atlantic Economy and the Global Crisis," IMF Working Papers 11/212, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2011. "Growth Spillover Dynamics from Crisis to Recovery," IMF Working Papers 11/218, International Monetary Fund.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Francis Vitek, 2013. "Macroeconomic Model Spillovers and Their Discontents," IMF Working Papers 13/4, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.