The Crisis: Basic Mechanisms and Appropriate Policies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 09/80.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Olivier Blanchard, 2009. "The Crisis: Basic Mechanisms and Appropriate Policies," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 10(1), pages 3-14, 04.
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher L. Foote & Kristopher Gerardi & Lorenz Goette & Paul S. Willen, 2008. "Subprime facts: what (we think) we know about the subprime crisis and what we don’t," Public Policy Discussion Paper 08-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Claessens, Stijn & Kose, Ayhan & Terrones, Marco E., 2008.
"What Happens During Recessions, Crunches and Busts?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7085, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stijn Claessens & M. Ayhan Kose & Marco E. Terrones, 2009. "What happens during recessions, crunches and busts?," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 24, pages 653-700, October.
- Marco Terrones & M. Ayhan Kose & Stijn Claessens, 2008. "What Happens During Recessions, Crunches, and Busts?," IMF Working Papers 08/274, International Monetary Fund.
- Ricardo Reis, 2010.
"Interpreting the Unconventional U.S. Monetary Policy of 2007-09,"
0910-13, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Ricardo Reis, 2009. "Interpreting the Unconventional U.S. Monetary Policy of 2007-09," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 40(2 (Fall)), pages 119-182.
- Ricardo Reis, 2010. "Interpreting the Unconventional U.S. Monetary Policy of 2007-09," NBER Working Papers 15662, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reis, Ricardo, 2010. "Interpreting the Unconventional U.S. Monetary Policy of 2007-09," CEPR Discussion Papers 7635, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cahuc, P. & Challe, E., 2010.
"Produce or speculate? Asset bubbles, occupational choice and efficiency,"
298, Banque de France.
- Pierre Cahuc & Edouard Challe, 2012. "Produce Or Speculate? Asset Bubbles, Occupational Choice, And Efficiency," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1105-1131, November.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Challe, Edouard, 2009. "Produce or Speculate? Asset Bubbles, Occupational Choice and Efficiency," IZA Discussion Papers 4630, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cahuc, Pierre & Challe, Edouard, 2009. "Produce or Speculate? Asset Bubbles, Occupational Choice and Efficiency," CEPR Discussion Papers 7602, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Irineu E. Carvalho Filho, 2010.
"Inflation Targeting and the Crisis: An Empirical Assessment,"
IMF Working Papers
10/45, International Monetary Fund.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu, 2010. "Inflation Targeting and the Crisis: An Empirical Assessment," MPRA Paper 19960, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu, 2011.
"28 Months Later: How Inflation Targeters Outperformed Their Peers in the Great Recession,"
29100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Irineu E. de Carvalho Filho, 2011. "28 Months Later: How Inflation Targeters Outperformed Their Peers in the Great Recession," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 22.
- Paul Ormerod, 2010. "La crisis actual y la culpabilidad de la teoría macroeconómica," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 12(22), pages 111-128, January-J.
- Shazia Ghani, 2011. "Is this all "Greek" in Europe ? Critical evaluation of the Euro zone policy response to debt crises," Post-Print halshs-00638723, HAL.
- Claessens, Stijn & Ayhan Kose, M. & Terrones, Marco E., 2010.
"The global financial crisis: How similar? How different? How costly?,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 247-264, June.
- Stijn Claessens & M. Ayhan Kose & Marco E. Terrones, 2010. "The Global Financial Crisis:How Similar? How Different? How Costly?," KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1011, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Angela Maddaloni, 2011.
"Bank Risk-taking, Securitization, Supervision, and Low Interest Rates: Evidence from the Euro-area and the U.S. Lending Standards,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 2121-2165.
- Angela Maddaloni & José-Luis Peydró, 2010. "Bank risk-taking, securitization, supervision and low interest rates: Evidence from the euro area and the U.S. lending standards," Working Paper Series 1248, European Central Bank.
- Magdalena RADULESCU & Marinela Tanascovici, 2012. "New Banking Regulation Framework During The Crisis Period," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 35(2(44)), pages 113-127, December.
- Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2009. "Amplification Mechanisms in Liquidity Crises," NBER Working Papers 15040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.