Impact of Government Expenditure on Growth: The Case of Azerbaijan
AbstractThis paper evaluates a fiscal scenario based on the assumption of a rapid scaling-up of expenditure to be followed by a rapid scaling-down in the context of Azerbaijan's current temporary oil production boom. To this end, it relies on a review of historical precedents and a neoclassical growth model. Based on both strands of analysis, the paper suggests that the evaluated fiscal scenario poses significant risks to growth sustainability.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 08/115.
Date of creation: 01 May 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2008-06-21 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-ENE-2008-06-21 (Energy Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hasanov, Fakhri, 2010.
"The impact of real oil price on real effective exchange rate: The case of Azerbaijan,"
33493, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fakhri Hasanov, 2010. "The Impact of Real Oil Price on Real Effective Exchange Rate: The Case of Azerbaijan," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1041, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ruslan Aliyev, 2012. "Monetary Policy in Resource-Rich Developing Economies," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp466, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Sabiroglu, Ilkin M. & Bashirli, Samad, 2012. "Input–output analysis in an oil-rich economy: The case of Azerbaijan," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 73-80.
- Maku, Olukayode E., 2009. "Does government spending spur economic growth in Nigeria?," MPRA Paper 17941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.