Caribbean offshore Financial Centers
AbstractThe paper reviews the development of offshore financial activities in the English-speaking Caribbean islands and takes stock of the size and status of these sectors today. In view of the heightened concerns of the international community about money laundering, the costs and risks to countries of having or establishing offshore sectors have risen considerably.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 02/88.
Date of creation: 01 May 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2008.
"Money laundering and financial means of organised crime: some preliminary empirical findings,"
Global Business and Economics Review,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 10(3), pages 309-330.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2010. "Money Laundering and Financial Means of Organized Crime: Some Preliminary Empirical Findings," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 26, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2010. "Turnover of organized crime and money laundering: some preliminary empirical findings," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 144(3), pages 473-486, September.
- Friedrich Schneider & Ursula Windischbauer, 2008.
"Money laundering: some facts,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 387-404, December.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:7460 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Brei, 2013. "Offshore financial centers in the Caribbean: An overview," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-40, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Arielle Joseph & Bernhard Troester, 2013. "Can the Mauritian Miracle continue? - The role of financial and ICT services as prospective growth drivers," Competence Centre on Money, Trade, Finance and Development 1301, Hochschule fuer Technik und Wirtschaft, Berlin.
- Ahmed ZoromÃ©, 2007. "Concept of offshore Financial Centers," IMF Working Papers 07/87, International Monetary Fund.
- Luca Brandi, 2004. "The Economy of Small States," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(6), pages 145-173, November-.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.