Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanisms and Inflation in Slovakia
AbstractThis paper presents the results of an empirical analysis into monetary policy transmission mechanisms and inflation in the Slovak Republic. The estimated vector autoregression (VAR) model suggests that inflation is determined by changes in foreign prices, the exchange rate, and wage costs, with a modest effect of aggregate demand, in line with theory for small, open economies. Monetary policy is shown to affect inflation via these channels. Changes in money supply seem to have a modest but rapid impact on prices. The measured effect of interest rate changes is modest and gradual, although it appears to have become more important in recent years.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 02/80.
Date of creation: 01 May 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth A. Froot & Kenneth Rogoff, 1994.
"Perspectives on PPP and Long-Run Real Exchange Rates,"
NBER Working Papers
4952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Froot, Kenneth A. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1995. "Perspectives on PPP and long-run real exchange rates," Handbook of International Economics, Elsevier, in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 32, pages 1647-1688 Elsevier.
- Ken Froot & Kenneth Rogoff, . "Perspectives on PPP and Long-Run Real Exchange Rates," Working Paper 32027, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002.
"Fear of floating,"
14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Svensson, Lars E. O., 2000.
"Open-economy inflation targeting,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 155-183, February.
- Svensson, Lars E.O., 1998. "Open-Economy Inflation Targeting," Seminar Papers, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies 638, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Svensson, L.E.O., 1998. "Open-Economy Inflation Targeting," Papers, Stockholm - International Economic Studies 638, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1998. "Open-Economy Inflation Targeting," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 1989, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lars E. O. Svensson, 2000. "Open-Economy Inflation Targeting," NBER Working Papers 6545, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Angeliki Kourelis & Carlo Cottarelli, 1994. "Financial Structure, Bank Lending Rates, and the Transmission Mechanism of Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 94/39, International Monetary Fund.
- Carlo Cottarelli & Angeliki Kourelis, 1994. "Financial Structure, Bank Lending Rates, and the Transmission Mechanism of Monetary Policy," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 41(4), pages 587-623, December.
- Jerome Creel & Sandrine Levasseur, 2005.
"Monetary policy transmission mechanisms in the CEECs: How important are the differences with the euro area?,"
Documents de Travail de l'OFCE, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE)
2005-02, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Jérôme Creel* & Sandrine Levasseur, 2007. "Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanisms in the CEECs: How Important are the Differences with the Euro Area?," The IUP Journal of Monetary Economics, IUP Publications, IUP Publications, vol. 0(1), pages 30-59, February.
- Jérôme Creel & Sandrine Levasseur, 2005. "Monetary policy transmission mechanisms in the CEECs: How important are the differences with the euro area?," Sciences Po publications 2005-02, Sciences Po.
- Armine Khachatryan & David A. Grigorian & Grigor Sargsyan, 2004. "Exchange Rate, Money, and Wages," IMF Working Papers 04/229, International Monetary Fund.
- Jérôme Creel & Sandrine Levasseur, 2006. "Canaux de transmission de la politique monétaire dans l'ue. Le cas de trois nouveaux entrants," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(4), pages 881-898.
- Martins Bitans, 2004. "Pass-Through of Exchange Rates to Domestic Prices in East European Countries and the Role of Economic Enviroment," Working Papers, Latvijas Banka 2004/04, Latvijas Banka.
- Jérôme Héricourt & Iuliana Matei, 2007. "Transmission de la politique monétaire dans les Pays d'Europe Centrale et Orientale : que savons-nous vraiment ?," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, Programme National Persée, vol. 180(4), pages 221-238.
- Fakhri, Hasanov & Khudayar, Hasanli, 2011. "Why had the Money Market Approach been irrelevant in explaining inflation in Azerbaijan during the rapid economic growth period?," MPRA Paper 29559, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kadima D. Kalonji & Jan Gottschalk & Ken Miyajima, 2008. "Analyzing Determinants of Inflation When there Are Data Limitation:The Case of Sierra Leone," IMF Working Papers 08/271, International Monetary Fund.
- Beirne, John & Bijsterbosch, Martin, 2011. "Exchange rate pass-through in central and eastern European EU Member States," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 241-254, March.
- Beirne, John & Bijsterbosch, Martin, 2009. "Exchange Rate Pass-through in Central and Eastern European Member States," Working Paper Series, European Central Bank 1120, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.