Optimal Inventory Policies When the Demand Distribution is not Known
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 00/183.
Date of creation: 01 Nov 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Larson, C. Erik & Olson, Lars J. & Sharma, Sunil, 2001. "Optimal Inventory Policies when the Demand Distribution Is Not Known," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 281-300, November.
- C. Erik Larson Lars J. Olson** and Sunil Sharma***, 1991. "Optimal Inventory Policies When The Demand Distribution Is Not Known#," UCLA Economics Working Papers 631, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Larson, C.E. & Olson, L.J. & Sharma, S., 1992. "Optimal Inventory Policies when the Demand Distribution is not Known," The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management 92-12, The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management. University of California Riverside.
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katy S. Azoury & Bruce L. Miller, 1984. "A Comparison of the Optimal Ordering Levels of Bayesian and Non-Bayesian Inventory Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(8), pages 993-1003, August.
- Rothschild, Michael, 1974. "Searching for the Lowest Price When the Distribution of Prices Is Unknown," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 689-711, July/Aug..
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Sharma, Sunil, 1996.
"Optimal search with learning,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 333-359.
- Michael Rothschild, 1974. "Searching for the Lowest Price When the Distribution of Prices Is Unknown: A Summary," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 1, pages 293-294 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katy S. Azoury, 1985. "Bayes Solution to Dynamic Inventory Models Under Unknown Demand Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(9), pages 1150-1160, September.
- Donald L. Iglehart, 1964. "The Dynamic Inventory Problem with Unknown Demand Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 429-440, April.
- William S. Lovejoy, 1990. "Myopic Policies for Some Inventory Models with Uncertain Demand Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(6), pages 724-738, June.
- Samuel Karlin, 1960. "Dynamic Inventory Policy with Varying Stochastic Demands," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(3), pages 231-258, April.
- Janssen, Elleke & Strijbosch, Leo & Brekelmans, Ruud, 2009. "Assessing the effects of using demand parameters estimates in inventory control and improving the performance using a correction function," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 34-42, March.
- Janssen, E. & Strijbosch, L.W.G. & Brekelmans, R.C.M., 2006. "Assessing the Effects of using Demand Parameters Estimates in Inventory Control," Discussion Paper 2006-90, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.