A Banking Union for the Euro Area
AbstractThe SDN elaborates the case for, and the design of, a banking union for the euro area. It discusses the benefits and costs of a banking union, presents a steady state view of the banking union, elaborates difficult transition issues, and briefly discusses broader EU issues. As such, it assesses current plans and provides advice. It is accompanied by three background technical notes that analyze in depth the various elements of the banking union: a single supervisory framework; a single resolution and common safety net; and urgent issues related to repair of weak banks in Europe.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Staff Discussion Notes with number 13/01.
Date of creation: 12 Feb 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-03-02 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2013-03-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2013-03-02 (European Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2013-03-02 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MON-2013-03-02 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pau Rabanal & Dominic Quint, 2013.
"Monetary and Macroprudential Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area,"
2013 Meeting Papers
604, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Dominic Quint & Pau Rabanal, 2014. "Monetary and Macroprudential Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 10(2), pages 169-236, June.
- Dominic Quint & Pau Rabanal, 2013. "Monetary and Macroprudential Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area," IMF Working Papers 13/209, International Monetary Fund.
- Quint, Dominic & Rabanal, Pau, 2014. "Monetary and macroprudential policy in an estimated DSGE model of the Euro Area," Discussion Papers 2014/5, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Nicolas Veron & Guntram B. Wolff, 2013.
"From Supervision to Resolution: Next Steps on the Road to European Banking Union,"
PB13-5, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Nicolas VÃ©ron & Guntram B. Wolff, 2013. "From supervision to resolution: next steps on the road to European banking union," Policy Contributions 771, Bruegel.
- Michael Clauss, 2014. "The dynamics of European banking union: the process of its making and its role in future financial and economic integration," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 14(4), pages 68-76, 01.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.