Fostering Growth in Europe Now
AbstractThe SDN looks at policies to foster growth in Europe. There is substantial empirical evidence that structural reforms can lift growth markedly in the medium to long term, but the current economic slack and cyclical headwinds argue for a more supportive approach. Policy measures on both the supply and demand sides are needed, the former to anchor the medium-term growth prospects, the latter to support growth in the interim. Restoring the health of the financial system is also critical to buttressing demand, and more active policies at the central level would complement these efforts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Staff Discussion Notes with number 12/07.
Date of creation: 18 Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zoltán Szalai, 2012. "A crisis of crisis management? Debates over fiscal adjustments in the European Monetary Union," MNB Bulletin, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary), vol. 7(3), pages 57-66, October.
- Andrea F. Presbitero & Matteo G. Richiardi & Alessia Amighini, 2012.
"Is labor flexibility a substitute to offshoring? Evidence from Italian manafacturing,"
LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series
122, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Andrea Filippo Presbitero & Matteo G. Richiardi & Alessia Amighini, 2012. "Is labor flexibility a substitute to offshoring? Evidence from Italian manafacturing," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 72, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Schmid, Peter Alfons, 2012. "The crisis of the EMU," MPRA Paper 40390, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.