Policies for Macrofinancial Stability: How to Deal with Credit Booms
AbstractThis note explores the costs and benefits of different policy options to reduce the risks associated with credit booms, drawing upon several country experiences and the findings from econometric analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Staff Discussion Notes with number 12/06.
Date of creation: 07 Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jerome Vandenbussche & Ursula Vogel & Enrica Detragiache, 2012. "Macroprudential Policies and Housing Pricesâ€”A New Database and Empirical Evidence for Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe," IMF Working Papers 12/303, International Monetary Fund.
- Castroa, Vitor & Kubota, Megumi, 2013.
"Duration dependence and change-points in the likelihood of credit booms ending,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6475, The World Bank.
- Vítor Castro & Megumi Kubota, 2013. "Duration dependence and change-points in the likelihood of credit booms ending," NIPE Working Papers 09/2013, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Vitor Castro & Megumi Kubota, 2013. "Duration dependence and change-points in the likelihood of credit booms ending," GEMF Working Papers 2013-17, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Vratislav Izák, 2012. "Household Indebtedness and Economic Growth (Empirical Analysis)," European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(3), pages 10-32.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Paolo Mauro, 2013. "Rethinking Macro Policy II: Getting Granular," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 13/003, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.