Fiscal Frameworks for Resource Rich Developing Countries
AbstractThis note will provide guidance from a practitionerâ€™s or policymakerâ€™s perspective on how to design fiscal frameworks in natural resource intensive countries. It will lay out principles that should help countries to meet development needs while dealing with the resource revenue volatility, uncertainty, and exhaustibility (intergenerational equity).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Staff Discussion Notes with number 12/04.
Date of creation: 16 May 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lledó, Victor & Poplawski-Ribeiro, Marcos, 2013.
"Fiscal Policy Implementation in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 79-91.
- Victor Duarte Lledo & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro, 2011. "Fiscal Policy Implementation in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 11/172, International Monetary Fund.
- Nina Budina & Andrea Schaechter & Anke Weber & Tidiane Kinda, 2012. "Fiscal Rules in Response to the Crisis - Toward the "Next-Generation" Rules. A New Dataset," IMF Working Papers 12/187, International Monetary Fund.
- Juliana Dutra Araujo & Grace Bin Li & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro & Luis-Felipe Zanna, 2013. "Current Account Norms in Natural Resource Rich and Capital Scarce Economies," IMF Working Papers 13/80, International Monetary Fund.
- Reza Paocarina, Edison Bolívar, 2013.
"Una aproximación metodológica al Balance Estructural: Aplicación a Ecuador
[A Methodological Approach to Structural Balance: Application to Ecuador]," MPRA Paper 45064, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gaulier, G. & Santoni, G. & Taglioni, D. & Zignago, S., 2013.
"Market Shares in the Wake of the Global Crisis: the Quarterly Export Competitiveness Database,"
472, Banque de France.
- Gaulier, Guillaume & Santoni, Gianluca & Taglioni, Daria & Zignago, Soledad, 2013. "In the wake of the global crisis : evidence from a new quarterly database of export competitiveness," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6733, The World Bank.
- Go, Delfin S. & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen & Utz, Robert, 2013. "Dutch disease and spending strategies in a resource-rich low-income country -- the case of Niger," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6691, The World Bank.
- Issouf SamakÃ© & Priscilla S. Muthoora & Bruno Versailles, 2013. "Fiscal Sustainability, Public Investment, and Growth in Natural Resource-Rich, Low-Income Countries: The Case of Cameroon," IMF Working Papers 13/144, International Monetary Fund.
- Carlos Caceres & Serhan Cevik & Ricardo Fenochietto & Borja Gracia, 2013. "The Day After Tomorrow: Designing an Optimal Fiscal Strategy for Libya," IMF Working Papers 13/79, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.