AbstractThe Selected Issues paper and Statistical Appendix analyzes output developments in the Russian Federation since the 1998 crisis. It outlines near-term growth prospects for the economy. The paper highlights that output growth accelerated in 1999 and the first half of 2000, but has slowed since then. The initial output recovery was led by import substitution as a result of the large exchange rate depreciation in 1998. One finding in the context of an overall policy package is that the real exchange rate and oil prices were the main determinants of growth after the 1998 crisis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Staff Country Reports with number 02/75.
Date of creation: 04 Apr 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaitila, Ville, 2003. "An Assessment of RussiaŽs Growth Prospects in 2003 - 2010," Discussion Papers 869, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Ulrich Thießen, 2004. "Financial System Development, Regulation and Economic Growth: Evidence from Russia," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 400, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Mihir A. Desai & Alexander Dyck & Luigi Zingales, 2003.
"Theft and Taxes,"
International Tax Program Papers
0501, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, revised Dec 2004.
- Franziska Ohnsorge & Nienke Oomes, 2005. "Money Demand and Inflation in Dollarized Economies," IMF Working Papers 05/144, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2003. "The Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate in a Commodity Exporting Country," IMF Working Papers 03/93, International Monetary Fund.
- Ulrich Thiessen, 2005. "Banking crises, regulation, and growth: the case of Russia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(19), pages 2191-2203.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.