Financial Assistance from Arab Countries and Arab Regional Institutions
AbstractArab financial assistance to developing - particularly Arab - countries rose sharply between 1973 and 1980 but fell gradually through the 1980s, owing mainly to weakening oil prices. As a percent of GNP, however, Arab contributions remain the largest among major donors. This paper surveys the volume and distribution of Arab financing from 1973 to 1989.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Occasional Papers with number 87.
Date of creation: 15 Jun 1991
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sultan Barakat & Steven A. Zyck, 2010. "Gulf state assistance to conflict-affected environments," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55240, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2002.
"Arab-Related Bilateral and Multilateral Sources of Development Finance: Issues, Trends, and the Way Forward,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Eric Neumayer, 2004. "Arab-related Bilateral and Multilateral Sources of Development Finance: Issues, Trends, and the Way Forward," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(2), pages 281-300, 02.
- Eric Neumayer, 2010. "Arab-Related Bilateral and Multilateral Sources of Development Finance: Issues, Trends, and the Way Forward," Working Papers id:3184, eSocialSciences.
- William Hynes & Peter Carroll, 2013. "Engaging with Arab aid donors: the DAC experience," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp424, IIIS.
- Shushan, Debra & Marcoux, Christopher, 2011. "The Rise (and Decline?) of Arab Aid: Generosity and Allocation in the Oil Era," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 1969-1980.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.