Thailand: Adjusting to Success: Current Policy Issues
AbstractThailand's sucess with economic development in recent decades is due mainly to is commitment to an outward-looking, market-based economy, a development strategy centered on the private sector, and cautious financial policies. This papers dicusses recent economic strains and how the authorities are coping with them to sustain the momentum of development
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Occasional Papers with number 85.
Date of creation: 15 Sep 1991
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reinhardt, Nola, 2000. "Back to Basics in Malaysia and Thailand: The Role of Resource-Based Exports in Their Export-Led Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 57-77, January.
- Tanzi, Vito & Schuknecht, Ludger, 1997. "Reforming government: An overview of recent experience," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 395-417, September.
- W. Jos Jansen, 2003. "What Do Capital Inflows Do? Dissecting the Transmission Mechanism for Thailand, 1980-96," Macroeconomics 0309012, EconWPA.
- W.J. Jansen, 2000. "The Effects of Capital Inflows in Thailand, 1980-96," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 46, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Jansen, W. Jos, 2003. "What do capital inflows do? Dissecting the transmission mechanism for Thailand, 1980-1996," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 457-480, December.
- Han, Hsiang-Ling, 2000. "Choice of currency basket weights and its implications on trade balance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 323-350, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.