Protection and Liberalization: A Review of Analytical Issues
AbstractThis paper deals with trade policy issues of particular interest to the Fund. It is motivated both by the revival of protectionist attitudes in the industrial countries and the prevalence of liberalization proposals for developing countries. In veiw of Fund concerns with the functioning of the International monetary system and with the individual countries' macroeconomic policy, and especially exchange rate issues, relate to protection.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Occasional Papers with number 54.
Date of creation: 04 Aug 1987
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thornton, John & Molyneux, Philip, 1997. "Tariff endogeneity: Evidence from 19th century Europe," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 345-350, November.
- Sinha, Radha, 1995. "Economic reform in developing countries: Some conceptual issues," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 557-575, April.
- Irene Trela & John Whalley, 1991.
"Internal Quota Allocation Schemes and the Costs of the MFA,"
NBER Working Papers
3627, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Trela, Irene & Whalley, John, 1995. "Internal Quota-Allocation Schemes and the Costs of the MFA," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 284-306, October.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1992. "Sequencing and Welfare: Labor Markets and Agriculture," NBER Working Papers 4095, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Funke, Norbert, 1993. "Timing and sequencing of reforms: Competing views," Kiel Working Papers 552, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Mansoorian, Arman & Mohsin, Mohammed, 2010. "On the employment, investment, and current account effects of trade liberalizations with durability in consumption," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 228-240, December.
- Schweickert, Rainer, 2003. "Vom Washington-Konsens zum Post-Washington-Dissens? : Glaubwürdigkeit, Timing und Sequencing wirtschaftlicher Reformen," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3082, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Naqvi, Syed Nawab Haider, 1996. "The significance of development economics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 975-987, June.
- Arman Mansoorian & Simon Neaime, 1996. "Habits and Durability in Consumption, and the Effects of Tariff Protection," Working Papers 1996_02, York University, Department of Economics.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1989.
"On the Sequencing of Structural Reforms,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
70, OECD Publishing.
- Hiemenz, Ulrich & Funke, Norbert, 1993. "The experience of developing countries with macroeconomic stabilisation and structural adjustment," Kiel Working Papers 606, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Schweickert, Rainer, 1991. "Efficient real exchange rate adjustment in developing countries: alternative devaluation strategies, economic structure, and sequencing of reforms," Kiel Working Papers 473, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Dean DeRosa, 1992. "Protection and export performance in Sub-Saharan Africa," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 88-124, March.
- Dominick Salvatore, 1992. "Recent trends in U.S. protectionism," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 307-321, October.
- Warwick Mckibbin & Dominick Salvatore, 1995.
"The global economic consequences of the Uruguay Round,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 111-129, April.
- McKibbin, W.J. & Salvatore, D., 1995. "The Global Economic Consequences of the Uruguay Round," Papers 110, Brookings Institution - Working Papers.
- Arman Mansoorian & Simon Neaime, 2000. "Habits and Durability in Consumption, and the Effects of Tariff Protection," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 195-204, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.