Exchange Rate Assessments: CGER Methodologies
AbstractThe rapid increase in international trade and financial integration over the past decade and the growing importance of emerging markets in world trade and GDP have inspired the IMF to place stronger emphasis on multilateral surveillance, macro-financial linkages, and the implications of globalization. The IMF's Consultative Group on Exchange Rate Issues (CGER)--formed in the mid-1990s to provide exchange rate assessments for a number of advanced economies from a multilateral perspective--has therefore broadened its mandate to cover both key advanced economies and major emerging market economies. This Occasional Paper summarizes the methodologies that underpin the expanded analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Occasional Papers with number 261.
Date of creation: 07 Apr 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klaus-Stefan Enders, 2009. "Exchange Rate Assessment for Oil Exporters," IMF Working Papers 09/81, International Monetary Fund.
- Vahagn Galstyan and Philip R. Lane, 2008.
"Fiscal Policy and International Competitiveness: Evidence from Ireland,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Galstyan, Vahagn & Lane, Philip R., 2009. "Fiscal Policy and International Competitiveness: Evidence from Ireland," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 40(3), pages 299â315.
- Bacchetta, P. & Benhima, K. & Kalantzis, Y., 2013. "Optimal Exchange Rate Policy in a Growing Semi-Open Economy," Working papers 452, Banque de France.
- Luc Eyraud, 2009. "Madagascar: A Competitiveness and Exchange Rate Assessment," IMF Working Papers 09/107, International Monetary Fund.
- Viktors Ajevskis & Ramune Rimgailaite & Uldis Rutkaste & Olegs Tkacevs, 2012. "The Assesment of Equilibrium Real Echange Rate of Latvia," Working Papers 2012/04, Latvijas Banka.
- JÃ¶rg Decressin & Emil Stavrev, 2009. "Current Accounts in a Currency Union," IMF Working Papers 09/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Irineu E. Carvalho Filho & Rudolfs Bems, 2009. "Exchange Rate Assessments: Methodologies for Oil Exporting Countries," IMF Working Papers 09/281, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.