Exchange Rates and Economic Fundamentals: A Framework for Analysis
AbstractThis paper summarizes the methods and types of indicators that are often employed, both insid and outside the IMF, to assess whether exchange rates are broadly in line with economic fundamentals.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Occasional Papers with number 115.
Date of creation: 15 Sep 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lucjan T. Orlowski, 2005.
"Recent Developments in International Currency Derivatives Market: Implications for Poland,"
- Lucjan T. Orlowski, 1995. "Recent Developments in International Currency Derivatives Market: Implications for Poland," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0055, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Ray Barrell & Dawn Holland & Katerina Smidkova, 2003.
"Estimates of Fundamental Real Echange Rates for the Five EU Pre- Accession Countries,"
- Kateřina Šmídková & Ray Barrell & Dawn Holland, 2003. "Estimates of fundamental real exchange rates for the five eu pre-accession countries," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2003(4).
- Katerina Smidkova & Ray Barrell & Dawn Holland, 2002. "Estimates of Fundamental Real Exchange Rates for the Five EU Pre-Accession Countries," Working Papers 2002/03, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Kateřina Šmídková & Aleš Bulíř, 2004.
"Would Fast Sailing towards the Euro Be Smooth? What Fundamental Real Exchange Rates Tells Us about Acceding Economies,"
Working Papers IES
64, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised 2004.
- Katerina Smidkova & Ales Bulir, 2004. "Would Fast Sailing Towards the Euro Be Smooth?: What Fundamental Real Exchange Rates Tell Us About Acceding Economies," Macroeconomics 0408002, EconWPA.
- M. Ashraf Janjua, 2007. "Pakistan’s External Trade: Does Exchange Rate Misalignment Matter for Pakistan?," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 12(Special E), pages 126-152, September.
- Khan, Muhammad Arshad & Qayyum, Abdul, 2007. "Exchange Rate Determination In Pakistan: Evidence Based On Purchasing Power Parity Theory," MPRA Paper 6754, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- International Monetary Fund, 2002. "Tunisia's Experience with Real Exchange Rate Targeting and the Transition to a Flexible Exchange Rate Regime," IMF Working Papers 02/190, International Monetary Fund.
- Alison Tarditi, 1996. "Modelling the Australian Exchange Rate, Long Bond Yield and Inflationary Expectations," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9608, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Nilsson, Kristian, 1999. "Alternative Measures of the Swedish Real Effective Exchange Rate," Working Paper 68, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Nadezhda Ivanova, 2007. "Estimation of the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate in Russia: Trade-Balance Approach," Working Papers w0102, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Zhongxia Jin, 2003. "The Dynamics of Real Interest Rates, Real Exchange Rates and the Balance of Payments in China: 1980-2002," IMF Working Papers 03/67, International Monetary Fund.
- Andersson, Andreas & Österholm, Pär, 2001. "The Impact of Demography on the Real Exchange Rate," Working Paper Series 2001:11, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Abdul Qayyum & Muhammad Arshad Khan & Khair-U-Zaman, 2004.
"Exchange Rate Misalignment in Pakistan: Evidence from Purchasing Power Parity Theory,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 721-735.
- qayyum, Abdul & Khan, Arshad & Zaman, Kair-u, 2004. "Exchange Rate Misalignment in Pakistan: Evidence from Purchasing Power Parity Theory," MPRA Paper 2148, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2004.
- n.a.m, Naseem & m.s, Hamizah, 2013. "Exchange Rate Misalignment and Economic Growth: Recent Evidence in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 52447, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vladimir Klyuev, 2003. "The Distributional Consequences of Real Exchange Rate Adjustment," IMF Working Papers 03/133, International Monetary Fund.
- Mtonga, Elvis, 2006. "The real exchange rate of the rand and competitiveness of South Africa's trade," MPRA Paper 1192, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Katerina Smidkova, 2003. "Estimating the FEER for the Czech Economy," Macroeconomics 0303014, EconWPA.
- Alper, C. Emre & Saglam, Ismail, 1999. "The Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate: Evidence from Turkey," MPRA Paper 1924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Juan Zalduendo, 2008. "Bivariate Assessments of Real Exchange Rates Using PPP Data," IMF Working Papers 08/153, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.