Price Liberalization in Russia: Behavior of Prices, Household Incomes, and Consumption During the First Year
AbstractPrices in the Russian Federation have been decontrolled in several steps since early 1991, after decades of near fixity. This paper documents and analyzes the behavior of prices, income, consumption, and savings before and after the January 1992 price liberalization, with emphasis on developments during 1992, and with focus on households more than on enterprises. Comparisons are made with recent experience in Central and Eastern Europe, along with consideration of evidence on shortages and income distribution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Occasional Papers with number 104.
Date of creation: 15 Mar 1993
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2004. "The Evolution of Cross-Region Price Distribution in Russia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-716, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Mark C. Foley, 1997. "Labor Market Dynamics in Russia," Working Papers 780, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Seeth, Harm Tho & Chachnov, Sergei & Surinov, Alexander & Von Braun, Joachim, 1998. "Russian poverty: Muddling through economic transition with garden plots," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 1611-1624, September.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2008.
"Goods Market Integration in Russia during the Economic Upturn,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp921, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2009. "Goods market integration in Russia during the economic upturn," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 125-142.
- Christophe Muller, 2005.
"Poverty and inequality under income and price dispersions,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 979-998, August.
- Christophe Muller, 2004. "Poverty And Inequality Under Income And Price Dispersions," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-35, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- G. Alfandari & M.E. Schaffer, 1996. ""Arrears" in the Russian Enterprise Sector," CERT Discussion Papers 9608, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Easterly, William & da Cunha, Paulo Viera & DEC, 1994. "Financing the storm : macroeconomic crisis in Russia, 1992-93," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1240, The World Bank.
- Marek Dabrowski, 1993. "Two Years of Economic Reforms in Russia. Main Results," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0009, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Muller, Christophe, 2002. "Prices and living standards: evidence for Rwanda," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 187-203, June.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Hiemenz, Ulrich & Koop, Michael J. & Laaser, Claus-Friedrich & Lücke, Matthias & Schrader, Jörg-Volker & Schrader, Klaus & Engerer, Hella & Schrettl, Wolfram & Schrooten, Mechthil, 1993. "Die wirtschaftliche Lage Rußlands: Monetäre Orientierungslosigkeit und realwirtschaftlicher Aktionismus. Dritter Bericht," Kiel Discussion Papers 220/221, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.