Can industry be the key to pro-poor growth? : An exploratory analysis for India
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 484346.
Length: 60 pages
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in ILO Asia-Pacific working paper series
employment; labour flexibility; labour productivity; wages; skilled worker; manufacturing; trend; India; emploi; flexibilité du travail; productivité du travail; salaire; travailleur qualifié; industries manufacturières; tendance; Inde; empleo; flexibilidad del trabajo; productividad del trabajo; salario; trabajador especializado; industrias manufactureras; tendencia; India;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aditya Bhattacharjea, 2006. "Labour Market Regulation and Industrial Performance in India--A Critical Review of the Empirical Evidence," Working papers 141, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2000.
CEPR Discussion Papers
2498, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acemoglu, D. & Zilibotti, F., 1998. "Productivity Differences," Papers 660, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1998. "Productivity Differences," Seminar Papers 660, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Daron Acemoglu & Fabrizio Zilbotti, 1999. "Productivity Differences," NBER Working Papers 6879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rana Hasan & Devashish Mitra & K.V. Ramaswamy, 2003.
"Trade Reforms, Labor Regulations and Labor-Demand Elasticities: Empirical Evidence from India,"
Economics Study Area Working Papers
59, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Rana Hasan & Devashish Mitra & K.V. Ramaswamy, 2007. "Trade Reforms, Labor Regulations, and Labor-Demand Elasticities: Empirical Evidence from India," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 466-481, August.
- Rana Hasan & Devashish Mitra & K.V. Ramaswamy, 2003. "Trade Reforms, Labor Regulations and Labor-Demand Elasticities: Empirical Evidence from India," NBER Working Papers 9879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arup Mitra & Juan Pedro Schmid, 2008. "Growth and poverty in India: emerging dimensions of the tertiary sector," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(8), pages 1055-1076, October.
- Bhalotra, Sonia R, 1998. "The Puzzle of Jobless Growth in Indian Manufacturing," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(1), pages 5-32, February.
- Bishwanath GOLDAR & Suresh Chand AGGARWAL, 2005. "Trade Liberalization And Price-Cost Margin In Indian Industries," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 43(3), pages 346-373, 09.
- Arup Mitra, 2009. "Technology Import and Industrial Employment: Evidence from Developing Countries," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(4), pages 697-718, December.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2002.
"Can labour regulation hinder economic performance? Evidence from India,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
3779, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2004. "Can Labor Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 119(1), pages 91-134, February.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Burgess, Robin, 2002. "Can Labour Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 3260, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2002. "Can Labour Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 33, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Ahsan, Ahmad & Pagés, Carmen, 2009.
"Are all labor regulations equal? Evidence from Indian manufacturing,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 62-75, March.
- Ahsan, Ahmad & Pagés, Carmen, 2008. "Are All Labor Regulations Equal? Evidence from Indian Manufacturing," IZA Discussion Papers 3394, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Richard Desjardins & Kjell Rubenson, 2011. "An Analysis of Skill Mismatch Using Direct Measures of Skills," OECD Education Working Papers 63, OECD Publishing.
- Alexander Hijzen & Paul Swaim, .
"Does offshoring reduce industry employment?,"
07/24, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Carlos Casacuberta & Gabriela Fachola & Nestor Gandelman, 2004.
"The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Employment, Capital, and Productivity Dynamics: Evidence from the Uruguayan Manufacturing Sector,"
Research Department Publications
3170, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Carlos Casacuberta & Gabriela Fachola & Nestor Gandelman, 2004. "The impact of trade liberalization on employment, capital, and productivity dynamics: evidence from the uruguayan manufacturing sector," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 225-248.
- Carlos Casacuberta & Gabriela Fachola & Néstor Gandelman, 2004. "The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Employment, Capital, and Productivity Dynamics: Evidence from the Uruguayan Manufacturing Sector," IDB Publications 43159, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Mitra, Arup & Varoudakis, Aristomene & Veganzones-Varoudakis, Marie-Ange, 2002. "Productivity and Technical Efficiency in Indian States' Manufacturing: The Role of Infrastructure," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 395-426, January.
- Szirmai, Adam & Verspagen, Bart, 2011. "Manufacturing and Economic Growth in Developing Countries, 1950-2005," MERIT Working Papers 069, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ramaswamy, K.V., 1994. "Small-Scale Manufacturing Industries in India: Some Aspects of size, Growth and Structure," Papers 105, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research-.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.