Economic class and labour market inclusion poor and middle class workers in developing Asia and the Pacific
AbstractPresents trends and estimates of the poor, near poor and middle class working population in developing Asia and the Pacific.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 482296.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in ILO Asia-Pacific working paper series
employment; unemployment; employment opportunity; labour force participation; age group; sex; social class; data collecting; methodology; trend; projection; Asia; Pacific; emploi; chômage; possibilités d'emploi; taux d'activité; groupe d'âge; sexe; classe sociale; collecte des données; méthodologie; tendance; projection; Asie; Pacifique; empleo; desempleo; oportunidades de empleo; tasa de actividad de mano de obra; grupo de edad; sexo; clase social; recopilación de datos; metodología; tendencia; proyección; Asia; Pacífico;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2013-09-06 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-LAB-2013-09-06 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2013-09-06 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2008.
"What Is Middle Class about the Middle Classes around the World?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 3-28, Spring.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Duflo, Esther, 2007. "What is Middle Class about the Middle Classes Around the World?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6613, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Esther Duflo & Abhijit Banerjee, 2008. "What is Middle Class About the Middle Classes Around the World?," Working Papers id:1363, eSocialSciences.
- Loayza, Norman & Rigolini, Jamele & Llorente, Gonzalo, 2012.
"Do middle classes bring institutional reforms ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6015, The World Bank.
- Chun, Natalie, 2010. "Middle Class Size in the Past, Present, and Future: A Description of Trends in Asia," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 217, Asian Development Bank.
- Easterly, William, 2001.
" The Middle Class Consensus and Economic Development,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 317-35, December.
- Easterly, William, 2000. "the middle class consensus and economic development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2346, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.