Macroeconomic policy advice and the Article IV consultations a development perspective
AbstractUndertakes a content analysis of 2009 - 2010 IMF Article IV consultations for a sample of thirty low income and twenty middle income countries on fiscal adjustment, inflation targets, employment generation, poverty reduction and expansion of social protection.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 478371.
Length: 41 pages
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in ILO Research Paper
economic policy; fiscal policy; inflation; employment creation; poverty alleviation; social protection; developing countries; politique économique; politique fiscale; inflation; création d'emploi; lutte contre la pauvreté; protection sociale; pays en développement; política económica; política fiscal; inflación; creación de empleos; lucha contra la pobreza; protección social; países en desarrollo;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2010.
"Growth in a Time of Debt,"
NBER Working Papers
15639, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S M Ali Abbas & Jakob E Christensen, 2010.
"The Role of Domestic Debt Markets in Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation for Low-Income Countries and Emerging Markets,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(1), pages 209-255, April.
- S. M. Ali Abbas & Jakob Christensen, 2007. "The Role of Domestic Debt Markets in Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation for Low-Income Countries and Emerging Markets," IMF Working Papers 07/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Reynaud, Julien, 2011.
"IMF surveillance and financial markets--A political economy analysis,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 405-422, September.
- Marcel Fratzscher & Julien Reynaud, 2010. "IMF Surveillance and Financial Markets - A Political Economy Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 3089, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dani Rodrik, 2008. "The Real Exchange Rate and Economic Growth," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 39(2 (Fall)), pages 365-439.
- Kanbur Ravi, 2010. "Macro Crises and Targeting Transfers to the Poor," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Rathin Roy & Raquel Almeida Ramos, 2012. "IMF Article IV Reports: An Analysis of Policy Recommendations," Working Papers 86, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.