The great recession of 2008-2009 : causes, consequences and policy responses
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 457693.
Length: 54 pages
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Employment working paper series
economic recession; financial market; economic recovery; economic policy; labour market; employment; labour policy; developed countries; developing countries; récession économique; marché financier; reprise économique; politique économique; marché du travail; emploi; politique du travail; pays développés; pays en développement; recesión económica; mercado financiero; recuperación económica; política económica; mercado de trabajo; empleo; política laboral; países desarrollados; países en desarrollo;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Card & Jochen Kluve & Andrea Weber, 2010.
"Active Labor Market Policy Evaluations: A Meta-Analysis,"
NBER Working Papers
16173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Card & Jochen Kluve & Andrea Weber, 2010. "Active Labour Market Policy Evaluations: A Meta-Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(548), pages F452-F477, November.
- Card, David & Kluve, Jochen & Weber, Andrea, 2009. "Active Labor Market Policy Evaluations: A Meta-Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 4002, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David E. Card & Jochen Kluve & Andrea Weber, 2009. "Active Labor Market Policy Evaluations: A Meta-analysis," NRN working papers 2009-02, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- David Card & Jochen Kluve & Andrea Weber, 2009. "Active Labor Market Policy Evaluations – A Meta-analysis," Ruhr Economic Papers 0086, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- David Card & Jochen Kluve & Andrea Weber, 2009. "Active Labor Market Policy Evaluations: A Meta-analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 2570, CESifo Group Munich.
- John B. Taylor, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and the Policy Responses: An Empirical Analysis of What Went Wrong," NBER Working Papers 14631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2006.
"Are Training Programs More Effective When Unemployment Is High?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5920, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Lechner & Conny Wunsch, 2009. "Are Training Programs More Effective When Unemployment Is High?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(4), pages 653-692, October.
- Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2006. "Are Training Programs More Effective When Unemployment Is High?," IZA Discussion Papers 2355, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2007. "Are training programs more effective when unemployment is high?," IAB Discussion Paper 200707, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Michael Lechner & Conny Wunsch, 2006. "Are Training Programs More Effective When Unemployment Is High?," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2006 2006-23, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Astley, Mark & Giese, Julia & Hume, Michael & Kubelec, Chris, 2009. "Global imbalances and the financial crisis," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 49(3), pages 178-190.
- Nora Lustig, 2000.
"Crisis and the Poor: Socially Responsible Macroeconomics,"
Journal of LACEA Economia,
LACEA - LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION.
- Nora Lustig, 2000. "Crises and the Poor: Socially Responsible Macroeconomics," IDB Publications 29338, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises: A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8973, May.
- Islam, Rizwanul & Buckley, Graeme, 2009. "Rising food prices and their implications for employment, decent work and poverty reduction," ILO Working Papers 433121, International Labour Organization.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Martin Schindler & Steven A. Symansky, 2009. "Fiscal Multipliers," IMF Staff Position Notes 2009/11, International Monetary Fund.
- Gert Schnabel, 2002. "Output trends and Okun's law," BIS Working Papers 111, Bank for International Settlements.
- Verick, Sher, 2009. "Who Is Hit Hardest during a Financial Crisis? The Vulnerability of Young Men and Women to Unemployment in an Economic Downturn," IZA Discussion Papers 4359, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sebastian Edwards, 2004.
"Financial Openness, Sudden Stops, and Current-Account Reversals,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 59-64, May.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2004. "Financial Openness, Sudden Stops and Current Account Reversals," NBER Working Papers 10277, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cazes, Sandrine, 2009. "Labour market policies in times of crisis," ILO Working Papers 434163, International Labour Organization.
- Sheng,Andrew, 2009. "From Asian to Global Financial Crisis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521118644, November.
- Olivier Blanchard & John Simon, 2001. "The Long and Large Decline in U.S. Output Volatility," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 32(1), pages 135-174.
- Sheng,Andrew, 2009. "From Asian to Global Financial Crisis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521134156, November.
- Stephen Cecchetti & Madhusudan Mohanty & Fabrizio Zampolli, 2010. "The future of public debt: prospects and implications," BIS Working Papers 300, Bank for International Settlements.
- Bezemer, Dirk, 2009. "No one saw this coming. Understanding financial crisis through accounting models," Research Report 09002, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Ajit Zacharias & Thomas Masterson & Kijong Kim, 2009. "Who Gains from President Obama's Stimulus Package ... And How Much?," Economics Policy Note Archive sr_06-12-09, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Karoly Fazekas & Gyorgy Molnar (ed.), 2011. "The Hungarian Labour Market 2011," The Hungarian Labour Market Yearbooks, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, number 2011, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.