Demographic ageing and employment in India
AbstractThis study discusses the main economic and labour market issues and implications related to population ageing in India, and presents an overview of current policy responses.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 455325.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in ILO Asia-Pacific working paper series
ageing population; older worker; labour market; employment; social security; India; vieillissement de la population; travailleur âgé; marché du travail; emploi; sécurité sociale; Inde; envejecimiento de la población; trabajador de edad avanzada; mercado de trabajo; empleo; seguridad social; India;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pal, Sarmistha & Palacios, Robert, 2008.
"Understanding Poverty among the Elderly in India: Implications for Social Pension Policy,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3431, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sarmistha Pal & Robert Palacios, 2011. "Understanding Poverty among the Elderly in India: Implications for Social Pension Policy," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(7), pages 1017-1037.
- Paul Atkinson, 2001. "The fiscal impact of population change: discussion," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 46.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1995.
"Measuring Poverty Among the Elderly,"
NBER Working Papers
5296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manoj K. Pandey, 2013. "Elderly's Health Shocks and Household's Ex-ante Poverty in India," ASARC Working Papers 2013-01, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.