Guiding structural change : the role of government in development
AbstractExamines the role of government in the process of structural change.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 455097.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Employment working paper series
state intervention; industrial development; industrial policy; structural change; developing countries; intervention de l'Etat; développement industriel; politique industrielle; changement structurel; pays en développement; intervención estatal; desarrollo industrial; política industrial; cambio estructural; países en desarrollo;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Weiss, 2005. "Export Growth and Industrial Policy: Lessons from the East Asian Miracle Experience," IDB Publications 47618, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Panagariya, Arvind, 2011.
"India: The Emerging Giant,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199751563.
- Sibylle H. Lehmann & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2008.
"The Structure of Protection and Growth in the Late 19th Century,"
NBER Working Papers
14493, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sibylle H. Lehmann and Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2008. "The structure of protection and growth in the late 19th century," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp269, IIIS.
- Lehmann, Sibylle H. & O'Rourke, Kevin H, 2008. "The Structure of Protection and Growth in the Late 19th Century," CEPR Discussion Papers 7053, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- O'Rourke, K, 1997.
"Tariffs and Growth in the Late 19th Century,"
97/18, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Ann Harrison & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 2009.
"Trade, Foreign Investment, and Industrial Policy for Developing Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
15261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison, Ann & Rodríguez-Clare, Andrés, 2010. "Trade, Foreign Investment, and Industrial Policy for Developing Countries," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Humphrey, John & Schmitz, Hubert, 1996. "The Triple C approach to local industrial policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1859-1877, December.
- Fernandes, Ana M. & Paunov, Caroline, 2012. "Foreign direct investment in services and manufacturing productivity: Evidence for Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 305-321.
- Desai, Padma & Martin, Ricardo, 1983. "Efficiency Loss from Resource Misallocation in Soviet Industry," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 441-56, August.
- Baldwin, Robert E, 1969. "The Case against Infant-Industry Tariff Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(3), pages 295-305, May/June.
- Michael A. Clemens & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2001. "A Tariff-Growth Paradox? Protection's Impact the World Around 1875-1997," NBER Working Papers 8459, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kim, Euysung, 2000. "Trade liberalization and productivity growth in Korean manufacturing industries: price protection, market power, and scale efficiency," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 55-83, June.
- Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg & Nina Pavcnik, 2007.
"Distributional Effects of Globalization in Developing Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
12885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg & Nina Pavcnik, 2007. "Distributional Effects of Globalization in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(1), pages 39-82, March.
- Risaburo Nezu, 2007. "Industrial Policy in Japan," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 229-243, December.
- repec:idb:brikps:47598 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2008.
"Mountains in a flat world: why proximity still matters for the location of economic activity,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society,
Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(3), pages 371-388.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2008. "Mountains in a flat world: Why proximity still matters for the location of economic activity," Working Papers 2008-09, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2008. "Mountains in a flat world: why proximity still matters for the location of economic activity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 23322, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mark Beeson & Iyanatul Islam, 2005. "Neo-liberalism and East Asia: Resisting the Washington Consensus," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 197-219.
- Harrison, Ann E, 1994. "An Empirical Test of the Infant Industry Argument: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 1090-95, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2002.
"Returns to investment in education : a further update,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2881, The World Bank.
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 2004. "Returns to investment in education: a further update," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 111-134.
- Howard Pack & Kamal Saggi, 2006. "Is There a Case for Industrial Policy? A Critical Survey," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 267-297.
- Corden, W M, 1982. "Exchange Rate Policy and the Resources Boom," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 58(160), pages 18-31, March.
- Luzio, Eduardo & Greenstein, Shane, 1995. "Measuring the Performance of a Protected Infant Industry: The Case of Brazilian Microcomputers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 622-33, November.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Klinger, Bailey, 2006. "Structural Transformation and Patterns of Comparative Advantage in the Product Space," Working Paper Series rwp06-041, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Quibria, M.G., 2002. "Growth and Poverty: Lessons from the East Asian Miracle Revisited," MPRA Paper 2638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raut, Lakshmi K., 1995. "R & D spillover and productivity growth: Evidence from Indian private firms," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 1-23, October.
- C. A. Hidalgo & B. Klinger & A. -L. Barabasi & R. Hausmann, 2007. "The Product Space Conditions the Development of Nations," Papers 0708.2090, arXiv.org.
- Anders Aslund, 2007. "Russia's Capitalist Revolution: Why Market Reform Succeeded and Democracy Failed," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4099.
- Head, Keith, 1994. "Infant industry protection in the steel rail industry," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3-4), pages 141-165, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.