Globalisation, industrial revolutions in India and China and labour markets in advanced countries : implications for national and international economic policy
AbstractExamines the impact on labour markets in advanced countries of the integration of the two fast-growing countries, China and India, with the liberalized global economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 397934.
Length: 43 pages
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Working paper :
employment; wages; economic growth; economic relations; role of China; role of India; North South; OECD countries; emploi; salaire; croissance économique; relations économiques; rôle de la Chine; rôle de l'Inde; Nord-Sud; pays de l'OCDE; empleo; salario; crecimiento económico; relaciones económicas; papel de China; papel de la India; Norte-Sur; países de la OCDE;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 633-687, June.
- Paul Krugman, 1995.
"Technology, Trade, and Factor Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
5355, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Singh, Ajit, 1989. "Third World Competition and De-industrialisation in Advanced Countries," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 103-20, March.
- Barry P. Bosworth & Susan M. Collins, 2003. "The Empirics of Growth: An Update," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(2), pages 113-206.
- Sonja Opper, 2005. "The giant graduates: China's strive for high-technology," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(3), pages 43-48, October.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish, 1994. "Free Trade: Old and New Challenges," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 231-46, March.
- Markus Taube, 2005. "The Chinese economy: How much market - how much state?," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(3), pages 03-07, October.
- Ahluwalia, Montek Singh, 1986. "Balance-of-payments adjustment in India, 1970-1971 to 1983-1984," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 937-962, August.
- A. B. Atkinson, 2001. "A Critique of the Transatlantic Consensus on Rising Income Inequality," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 433-452, 04.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 2004. "Where Ricardo and Mill Rebut and Confirm Arguments of Mainstream Economists Supporting Globalization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 135-146, Summer.
- Singh, Ajit, 1977. "UK Industry and the World Economy: A Case of De-industrialisation?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 113-36, June.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1995. "Are Your Wages Set in Beijing?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 15-32, Summer.
- Singh, Ajit & Zammit, Ann, 2010.
"The global economic and financial crisis: a review and commentary,"
39052, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, A. & Zammit, A., 2010. "The Global Economic and Financial Crisis: A Review and Commentary," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp415, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Alex Izurieta & Ajit Singh, 2008. "Does fast Growth in India and China harm U.S. Workers? Insights from Simulation Evidence," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp378, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.