Measuring the informal economy : from employment in the formal sector to informal employment
AbstractRefers to discussions at the 2002 International Labour Conference and the 2003 and earlier International Conferences of Labour Statisticians, where the need for a proper definition and measurement chriteria of employment in the informal sector and of informal employment was pointed out.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 375000.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Working paper :
informal economy; employment; statistical method; data collecting; definition; labour force; économie informelle; emploi; méthode statistique; collecte des données; définition; main-d'oeuvre; economía informal; empleo; método estadístico; recopilación de datos; definición; mano de obra;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Slonimczyk, Fabian, 2011. "The effect of taxation on informal employment: evidence from the Russian flat tax reform," MPRA Paper 35404, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011.
"What Explains Prevalence of Informal Employment in European Countries: The Role of Labor Institutions, Governance, Immigrants, and Growth,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5872, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011. "What explains prevalence of informal employment in European countries : the role of labor institutions, governance, immigrants, and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5917, The World Bank.
- Henley, Andrew & Arabsheibani, G. Reza & Carneiro, Francisco G., 2009. "On Defining and Measuring the Informal Sector: Evidence from Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 992-1003, May.
- Collier, Ruth Berins & Palmer-Rubin, Brian, 2011. "Latin Americaâ€™s New World of Work: Changing Traits of Work and Problem Solving," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt5dq7p600, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Kuddo, Arvo, 2009. "Labor laws in Eastern European and Central Asian countries : minimum norms and practices," Social Protection Discussion Papers 51698, The World Bank.
- Vasile Valentina & Pisica Silvia, 2011. "Trends Of Employment In Informal Sector In Romania During Crisis;Economic And Social Effects," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 234-253, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.