Trends in work stoppages : a global perspective
AbstractExplores trends in strikes and lockouts from the 1960s to 2002. Highlights problems of cross-country comparability and gaps in coverage and makes recommendations for improving the collection of strike activity data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 374234.
Length: 53 pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Working paper series, Policy Integration Dept.
strike; lockout; data collecting; trend; developed countries; developing countries; grève; lock-out; collecte des données; tendance; pays développés; pays en développement; huelga; cierre de talleres; recopilación de datos; tendencia; países desarrollados; países en desarrollo;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruce E. Kaufman, 1982. "The determinants of strikes in the United States, 1900û1977," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 35(4), pages 473-490, July.
- Eric Zivot & Donald W.K. Andrews, 1990.
"Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
944, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Zivot, Eric & Andrews, Donald W K, 1992. "Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil-Price Shock, and the Unit-Root Hypothesis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(3), pages 251-70, July.
- Zivot, Eric & Andrews, Donald W K, 2002. "Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil-Price Shock, and the Unit-Root Hypothesis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 25-44, January.
- Inoue, Atsushi, 1999. "Tests of cointegrating rank with a trend-break," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 215-237, June.
- Perry, L.J. & Wilson, P.J., 2001.
"The Accord and Strikes: An International Perspective,"
Economics Working Papers
wp01-03, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- L.J. Perry & Patrick J. Wilson, 2000. "The Accord and strikes: an International perspective," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 4(4), pages 232-247, December.
- David Snyder, 1977. "Early North American strikes: A reinterpretation," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(3), pages 325-341, April.
- Mackinnon, J.G. & Haug, A.A. & Michelis, L., 1996.
"Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration,"
96a09, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- MacKinnon, James G & Haug, Alfred A & Michelis, Leo, 1999. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 563-77, Sept.-Oct.
- James G. MacKinnon & Alfred A. Haug & Leo Michelis, 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," Working Papers 1996_07, York University, Department of Economics.
- Albert Rees, 1952. "Industrial Conflict and Business Fluctuations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60, pages 371.
- Barry T. Hirsch & David A. Macpherson, 2003. "Union Membership and Coverage Database from the Current Population Survey: Note," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 56(2), pages 349-354, January.
- Gregory, A.W. & Hansen, B.E., 1992.
"Residual-Based Tests for Cointegration in Models with Regime Shifts,"
RCER Working Papers
335, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Gregory, Allan W. & Hansen, Bruce E., 1996. "Residual-based tests for cointegration in models with regime shifts," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 99-126, January.
- Allan w. Gregory & Bruce E. Hansen, 1992. "residual-Based Tests for Cointegration in Models with Regime Shifts," Working Papers 862, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Bruce E. Kaufman, 1981. "Bargaining theory, inflation, and cyclical strike activity in manufacturing," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 34(3), pages 333-355, April.
- Tracy, Joseph S, 1986. "An Investigation into the Determinants of U.S. Strike Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 423-36, June.
- Mumford, Karen, 1993. "A Critical Comparison of Models of Strike Activity," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 55(3), pages 285-312, August.
- Booth, Alison L, 1985. "The Free Rider Problem and a Social Custom Model of Trade Union Membership," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(1), pages 253-61, February.
- L. J. Perry, 2005. "A Long-Term Perspective On Industrial Disputes In Australia: 1913–2003," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 24(3), pages 263-279, 09.
- Kucera, David & Chataignier, Anne, 2005. "Labour developments in dynamic Asia : what do the data show?," ILO Working Papers 384370, International Labour Organization.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.