Does the new international trade regime leave room for industrialization policies in the middle-income countries?
AbstractExamines how the development policies used by successful late industrializers would fare under the current WTO regime.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 371235.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Working paper :
industrialization policy; trade liberalization; trade agreement; WTO; developing countries; politique d'industrialisation; libéralisation des échanges; accord commercial; OMC; pays en développement; política de industrialización; liberalización del intercambio; convenio comercial; OMC; países en desarrollo;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anne Krueger, 1999. "The Developing Countries and the Next Round of Multilateral Trade Negotiations," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(7), pages 909-932, 09.
- Fernandez, Raquel & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Resistance to Reform: Status Quo Bias in the Presence of Individual-Specific Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1146-55, December.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Krueger, Anne O, 1973. "Exchange Control, Liberalization, and Economic Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 419-27, May.
- Krueger, Anne O., 1999. "Developing countries and the next round of multilateral trade negotiations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2118, The World Bank.
- Grady, Patrick & Macmillan, Kathleen, 1999. "Seattle and Beyond: The WTO Millennium Round," MPRA Paper 2989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maurice Schiff & L. Alan Winters, 2003. "Regional Integration and Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15172, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.