Does the new international trade regime leave room for industrialization policies in the middle-income countries?
AbstractArgues that the changeover from the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) to the World Trade Organization (WTO) had little effect on industrialization policies of middle-income countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 370951.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Working paper :
industrialization policy; trade; GATT; WTO; developing countries; trade agreement; politique d'industrialisation; commerce international; GATT; OMC; pays en développement; accord commercial; política de industrialización; comercio internacional; GATT; OMC; países en desarrollo; convenio comercial;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anne Krueger, 1999. "The Developing Countries and the Next Round of Multilateral Trade Negotiations," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(7), pages 909-932, 09.
- Fernandez, Raquel & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Resistance to Reform: Status Quo Bias in the Presence of Individual-Specific Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1146-55, December.
- Grady, Patrick & Macmillan, Kathleen, 1999. "Seattle and Beyond: The WTO Millennium Round," MPRA Paper 2989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maurice Schiff & L. Alan Winters, 2003. "Regional Integration and Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15172, March.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Krueger, Anne O, 1973. "Exchange Control, Liberalization, and Economic Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 419-27, May.
- Krueger, Anne O., 1999. "Developing countries and the next round of multilateral trade negotiations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2118, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.