Training and skills acquisition in the informal sector : a literature review
AbstractReviews literature published from 1990-2000 on skills training for informal economy workers in Africa and Asia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 357120.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Skills working paper series
vocational training; training needs; informal economy; literature survey; Africa; Asia; formation professionnelle; besoins de formation; économie informelle; revue de littérature; Afrique; Asie; formación profesional; necesidades de formación; economía informal; artículo bibliográfico; Africa; Asia;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nordman, Christophe Jalil & Pasquier-Doumer, Laure, 2012.
"Vocational Education, On-the-Job Training and Labour Market Integration of Young Workers in Urban West Africa,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/10596, Paris Dauphine University.
- Christophe Nordman & Laure Pasquier-Doumer, 2012. "Vocational Education, On-the-Job Training and Labour Market Integration of Young Workers in Urban West Africa," Working Papers DT/2012/13, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Arvin-Rad, Hassan & Basu, Arnab K. & Willumsen, Maria, 2010.
"Economic Reform, Informal-Formal Sector Linkages and Intervention in the Informal Sector in Developing Countries: A Paradox,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5229, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arvin-Rad, Hassan & Basu, Arnab K. & Willumsen, Maria, 2010. "Economic reform, informal-formal sector linkages and intervention in the informal sector in developing countries: A paradox," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 662-670, October.
- Schwalje, Wes, 2011. "Knowledge-based Economic Development as a Unifying Vision in a Post-awakening Arab World," MPRA Paper 30305, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberto Dell’Anno, 2010. "Institutions and human development in the Latin American informal economy," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 207-230, September.
- Palmer, Robert, 2008. "Skills and productivity in the informal economy," ILO Working Papers 413142, International Labour Organization.
- Schwalje, Wes, 2011. "A Conceptual Model of National Skills Formation for Knowledge-based Economic Development," MPRA Paper 30302, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.