Creating market opportunities for small enterprises : experiences of the fair trade movement
AbstractOutlines the history of the fair trade movement, its developments, different approaches and lessons learned. Examines future challenges and ways in which the lessons learned can influence trade and development. Focuses on how to boost market opportunities in the developed countries for MSEs in developing countries, at the same time as promoting better terms of trade for producers in developing countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 357069.
Length: 61 pages
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in SEED working paper series
trade; market access; terms of trade; social responsibility; small enterprise; commerce international; accès au marché; termes de l'échange; responsabilité sociale; petite entreprise; comercio internacional; acceso al mercado; relación de precios de intercambio; responsabilidad social; pequeña empresa;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Giuseppina Gianfreda, 2011. "When Consumption Heals Producers: The Effects of Fair Trade on Marginalized Producers," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 3, September.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Pierluigi Conzo & Giuseppina Gianfreda, 2009.
"Market Access, Organic Farming And Productivity: The Determinants Of Creation Of Economic Value On A Sample Of Fair Trade Affiliated Thai Farmers,"
0309, CREI Università degli Studi Roma Tre, revised 2009.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Pierluigi Conzo & Giuseppina Gianfreda, 2009. "Market access, organic farming and productivity: the determinants of creation of economic value on a sample of Fair Trade affiliated Thai farmers," Econometica Working Papers wp05, Econometica.
- John Wilkinson, 2007. "Fair Trade: Dynamic and Dilemmas of a Market Oriented Global Social Movement," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 219-239, September.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Costantino, Marco, 2008. "The Effects of Fair Trade on Affiliated Producers: An Impact Analysis on Kenyan Farmers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 823-842, May.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Melania Michetti, 2012.
"The Effect of Fair Trade Affiliation on Child Schooling: Evidence from a Sample of Chilean Honey Producers,"
2012.56, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Melania Michetti, 2013. "The effect of fair trade affiliation on child schooling: evidence from a sample of Chilean honey producers," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 45(25), pages 3552-3563, September.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Melania Michetti, 2008. "When Consumption Generates Social Capital: Creating Room for Manoeuvre for Pro-Poor Policies," Working Papers 88, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Giuseppina Gianfreda, 2008. "When consumption heals producers: the effect of fair trade on marginalised producers’ health and productivity," Working Papers 86, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Darryl Reed, 2009. "What do Corporations have to do with Fair Trade? Positive and Normative Analysis from a Value Chain Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 86(1), pages 3-26, April.
- World Bank, 2009. "Gender in Bolivian Production : Reducing Differences in Formality and Productivity of Firms," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2669, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.