Globalization and the informal economy : how global trade and investment impact on the working poor
AbstractExamines the impact of globalization on those who work in the informal economy, with a special emphasis on women workers and producers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 354172.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Working paper on the informal economy
informal economy; employment; women workers; globalization; trade liberalization; developing countries; low income; export promotion; employment opportunity; working conditions; illustration; économie informelle; emploi; travailleuses; mondialisation; libéralisation des échanges; pays en développement; faible revenu; promotion des exportations; possibilités d'emploi; conditions de travail; illustration; economía informal; empleo; trabajadoras; globalización; liberalización del intercambio; países en desarrollo; bajos ingresos; promoción de exportaciones; oportunidades de empleo; condiciones de trabajo; ilustración;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arslan Razmi, 2006. "Aspects of Informalization and Income Distribution in Developing Countries: A Modified Specific Factors Approach," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2006-03, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Arslan Razmi, 2007. "Integration, Informalization, and Income Gaps in Developing Countries: Some General Equilibrium Explorations in Light of Accumulating Evidence," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2007-06, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Rainer Schweickert & Manfred Wiebelt, 2007.
"Distributional Effects of FDI: How the Interaction of FDI and Economic Policy Affects Poor Households in Bolivia,"
Development Policy Review,
Overseas Development Institute, vol. 25(4), pages 429-450, 07.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Rainer Schweickert & Manfred Wiebelt, 2006. "Distributional Effects of FDI: How the Interaction of FDI and Economic Policy Affects Poor Households in Bolivia," Kiel Working Papers 1281, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Schweickert, Rainer & Wiebelt, Manfred, 2006. "Distributional effects of FDI: How the interaction of FDI and economic policy affects poor households in Bolivia," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 4251, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Schweickert, Rainer & Wiebelt, Manfred, 2006. "Distributional effects of FDI: How the interaction of FDI and economic policy affects poor households in Bolivia," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, GÃ¶ttingen 2007 35, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Rosaria Burchielli & Donna M. Buttigieg & Annie Delaney, 2006. "Mapping as Organizing: An analysis of how homeworkers are using mapping as an organizing tool," Working Papers 2006.05, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Santosh Mehrotra & Mario Biggeri, 2010. "Children in home worker households in Pakistan and Indonesia," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(2), pages 208-231, May.
- Lyons, Michal & Brown, Alison, 2010. "Has Mercantilism Reduced Urban Poverty in SSA? Perception of Boom, Bust, and the China-Africa Trade in Lomé and Bamako," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 771-782, May.
- Lahimer, Noomen, 2009. "Les IDE et le triangle « Croissance-Inégalités- Pauvreté » dans les pays en voie de développement," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5548, Paris Dauphine University.
- Arslan Razmi, 2009. "Can the HOSS framework help shed light on the simultaneous growth of inequality and informalization in developing countries?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 145(2), pages 361-372, July.
- Lahimer, Noomen, 2009. "La contribution des investissements directs étrangers à la réduction de la pauvreté en Afrique subsaharienne," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/1167 edited by Goaied, Mohamed & Bienaymé, Alain, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.