Costs of discriminating against migrant workers : an international review
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 286940.
Length: 69 pages
Date of creation: 1992
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in International Migration for Employment, Working Paper
WEP pub; migrant worker; racial discrimination; economic implication; Australia; Canada; France; Germany; Netherlands; UK; USA; labour market segmentation; labour cost; labour legislation; comment; bibliography; pub PME; travailleur migrant; discrimination raciale; conséquences économiques; Australie; Canada; France; Allemagne; Pays-Bas; Royaume-Uni; Etats-Unis; segmentation du marché du travail; coût de la main-d'oeuvre; législation du travail; commentaire; bibliographie; pub PME; trabajador migrante; discriminación racial; consecuencias económicas; Australia; Canadá; Francia; Alemania; Países Bajos; Reino Unido; Estados Unidos; segmentación del mercado de trabajo; costo de la mano de obra; legislación del trabajo; comentario; bibliografía;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald J. Cymrot, 1985. "Does Competition Lessen Discrimination? Some Evidence," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(4), pages 605-612.
- Kidd, Michael P, 1993.
"Immigrant Wage Differentials and the Role of Self-Employment in Australia,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(60), pages 92-115, June.
- Kidd, M.P., 1990. "Immigrant Wage Differentials And The Role Of Self- Employment In Australia," Papers 1990-07, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Kidd, M.P., 1993. "Immigrant Wage Differentials and the Role of Self-Employment in Australia," CEPR Discussion Papers 291, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Carole A. Green & Marianne A. Ferber, 1984. "Employment Discrimination: An Empirical Test of Forward Versus Reverse Regression," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(4), pages 557-569.
- Walter Haessel & John Palmer, 1978. "Market Power and Employment Discrimination," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 13(4), pages 545-560.
- Geoffrey Carliner, 1981. "Wage Differences by Language Group and the Market for Language Skills in Canada," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 16(3), pages 384-399.
- Dex, S & Sloane, P J, 1988. " Detecting and Removing Discrimination under Equal Opportunities Policies," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(1), pages 1-27.
- McCormick, Barry, 1986. "Employment Opportunities, Earnings, and the Journey to Work of Minority Workers in Great Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 375-97, June.
- Akin, John S & Garfinkel, Irv, 1980. "The Quality of Education and Cohort Variation in Black-White Earnings Differentials: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(1), pages 186-91, March.
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 1972.
"Racial Discrimination and Trade Unionism,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(3), pages 435-64, May-June.
- Smith, James P & Welch, Finis R, 1989. "Black Economic Progress after Myrdal," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 27(2), pages 519-64, June.
- James D. Gwartney & James E. Long, 1978. "The relative earnings of blacks and other minorities," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 31(3), pages 336-346, April.
- Gilles Grenier, 1984. "The Effects of Language Characteristics on the Wages of Hispanic-American Males," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(1), pages 35-52.
- Comanor, William S, 1973. "Racial Discrimination in American Industry," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 40(160), pages 363-78, November.
- Gwartney, James & Haworth, Charles, 1974. "Employer Costs and Discrimination: The Case of Baseball," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 873-81, July/Aug..
- Mark B. Stewart, 1982.
"Racial Discrimination and Occupational Attainment in Britain,"
538, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Stewart, Mark B, 1983. "Racial Discrimination and Occupational Attainment in Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(371), pages 521-41, September.
- Beggs, John J & Chapman, Bruce J, 1988. "Immigrant Wage Adjustment in Australia: Cross Section and Time-Series Estimates," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(186), pages 161-67, September.
- McNabb, Robert & Psacharopoulos, George, 1981. "Racial Earnings Differentials in the U.K," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(3), pages 413-25, November.
- Rasmussen, David W, 1970. "A Note on the Relative Income of Nonwhite Men 1948-1964," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 168-72, February.
- Mark R. Killingsworth & Cordelia W. Reimers, 1983. "Race, ranking, promotions, and pay at a federal facility: A logit analysis," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 37(1), pages 92-107, October.
- Miller, Paul W, 1986. "Unemployment Patterns in the Youth Labour Market," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(47), pages 222-35, December.
- Hiemenz U & Schatz KW, 1976. "Transfer of employment opportunities as an alternative to the international migration of workers : the case of the Federal Republic of Germany (I)," ILO Working Papers 167744, International Labour Organization.
- Maryellen R. Kelley, 1982. "Discrimination in seniority systems: A case study," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 36(1), pages 40-55, October.
- Chiswick, Barry R & Miller, Paul W, 1985. "Immigrant Generation and Income in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 61(173), pages 540-53, June.
- Werner H, 1994. "Integration des travailleurs migrants au marche du travail en France, en Allemagne, aux Pays-Bas, et en suede," ILO Working Papers 304101, International Labour Organization.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.