Community and institutional influence on fertility: analytical issues
AbstractExamines ways of measuring the impact of community and institutional variables on individual fertility.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 254453.
Length: 142 P. pages
Date of creation: 1987
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Population and Labour Policies Programme working paper series
WEP pub; community development; fertility; developing countries; family planning; individual; behaviour; data collecting; econometric model; methodology; bibliography; pub PME; développement communautaire; fécondité; pays en développement; planification familiale; individu; comportement; collecte des données; modèle économétrique; méthodologie; bibliographie; pub PME; desarrollo de la comunidad; fecundidad; países en desarrollo; planificación familiar; individuo; comportamiento; recopilación de datos; modelo econométrico; metodología; bibliografía;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olsen, Randall J & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1983. "The Impact of Exogenous Child Mortality on Fertility: A Waiting Time Regression with Dynamic Regressors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 731-49, May.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Seiver, Daniel A, 1982. "Education and Contraceptive Choice: A Conditional Demand Framework," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(1), pages 171-98, February.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "Occupational Migration out of Agriculture-A Cross-Country Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(3), pages 392-98, August.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Wise, David A, 1978.
"A Conditional Probit Model for Qualitative Choice: Discrete Decisions Recognizing Interdependence and Heterogeneous Preferences,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(2), pages 403-26, March.
- J. A. Hausman & D. A. Wise, 1976. "A Conditional Profit Model for Qualitative Choice: Discrete Decisions Recognizing Interdependence and Heterogeneous Preferences," Working papers 173, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-40, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1982. "Governmental interventions and household behavior in a developing country : Anticipating the unanticipated consequences of social programs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 209-225, April.
- Reuben Gronau, 1976.
"Leisure, Home Production and Work--The Theory of The Allocation of Time Revisited,"
NBER Working Papers
0137, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gronau, Reuben, 1977. "Leisure, Home Production, and Work-The Theory of the Allocation of Time Revisited," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(6), pages 1099-1123, December.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., .
"The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1980. "The Lagrange Multiplier Test and Its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 239-53, January.
- Barbara Entwisle & Albert Hermalin & Peerasit Kamnuansilpa & Apichat Chamratrithirong, 1984. "A multilevel model of family planning availability and contraceptive use in rural Thailand," Demography, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 559-574, November.
- Theodore W. Schultz, 1973. "New Economic Approaches to Fertility," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number schu73-1.
- Mark Rosenzweig, 1976. "Female work experience, employment status, and birth expectations: Sequential decision-making in the Philippines," Demography, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 339-356, August.
- Magnus, Jan R., 1978. "Maximum likelihood estimation of the GLS model with unknown parameters in the disturbance covariance matrix," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 281-312, April.
- Glenn Firebaugh, 1982. "Population Density and Fertility in 22 Indian Villages," Demography, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 481-494, November.
- Thomas Merrick, 1978. "Fertility and land availability in rural Brazil," Demography, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 321-336, August.
- Magnus, J.R., 1978. "Maximum likelihood estimation of the GLS model with unknown parameters in the disturbance covariance matrix," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-153204, Tilburg University.
- Butler, J S & Moffitt, Robert, 1982. "A Computationally Efficient Quadrature Procedure for the One-Factor Multinomial Probit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 761-64, May.
- Willis, Robert J, 1973. "A New Approach to the Economic Theory of Fertility Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages S14-64, Part II, .
- Gary S. Becker & H. Gregg Lewis, 1974. "Interaction between Quantity and Quality of Children," NBER Chapters, in: Economics of the Family: Marriage, Children, and Human Capital, pages 81-90 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Amy Tsui & Dennis Hogan & Jay Teachman & Carlos Welti-Chanes, 1981. "Community availability of contraceptives and family limitation," Demography, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 615-625, November.
- Cochrane, Susan & Guilkey, David K., 1992. "How access to contraception affects fertility and contraceptive use in Tunisia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 841, The World Bank.
- Cochrane, Susan H. & Gibney, Laura, 1991. "Does better access to contraceptives increase their use? Key policy and methodological issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 728, The World Bank.
- Gragnolati, Michele, 1999. "Children's growth and poverty in rural Guatemala," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2193, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.