Impact of liberalisation on growth and equity
AbstractCritically looks at the impact of trade and capital market liberalisation on income distribution and employment. Reviews the theory of trade liberalisation. Discusses labour intensities in trading and non-trading sectors, examines problems encountered in the shift to a liberalised regime and points out the importance of co-ordinating liberalisation with economic policy- making.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 250014.
Length: 69 P. pages
Date of creation: 1986
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in International employment policies, working paper series
WEP pub; economic implication; trade liberalization; deregulation; financial market; money supply; employment; income distribution; developing countries; development theory; economic theory; trade policy; credit policy; financial policy; agricultural sector; obstacle; cost; bibliography; graph; statistical table; pub PME; conséquences économiques; libéralisation des échanges; déréglementation; marché financier; disponibilités monétaires; emploi; répartition du revenu; pays en développement; théorie du développement; théorie économique; politique du commerce international; politique du crédit; politique financière; secteur agricole; obstacle; coût; bibliographie; graphique; tableau statistique; pub PME; consecuencias económicas; liberalización del intercambio; desreglamentación; mercado financiero; disponibilidades monetarias; empleo; distribución del ingreso; países en desarrollo; teoría del desarrollo; teoría económica; política de comercio internacional; política crediticia; política financiera; sector agrícola; obstáculo; costo; bibliografía; gráfico; cuadros estadísticos;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kapur, Basant K, 1983. "Optimal Financial and Foreign-Exchange Liberalization of Less Developed Economies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(1), pages 41-62, February.
- Sebastian Edwards & Sweder Van Wijnbergen, 1983.
"The Welfare Effects of Trade and Capital Market Liberalization: Consequences of Different Sequencing Scenarios,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
313, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Sebastian Edwards & Sweder van Wijnbergen, 1986. "The Welfare Effects of Trade and Capital Market Liberalization: Consequences of Different Sequencing Scenarios," NBER Working Papers 1245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlos F. Diaz-Alejandro, 1976. "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: Colombia," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number diaz76-1.
- Charles R. Frank Jr. & Kwang Suk Kim & Larry E. Westphal, 1975. "Appendices to "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: South Korea"," NBER Chapters, in: Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: South Korea, pages 245-257 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N. & Brecher, Richard A. & Srinivasan, T. N., 1984. "DUP activities and economic theory," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 291-307, April.
- Fernandez, Roque B., 1985. "The expectations management approach to stabilization in Argentina during 1976-1982," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 871-892, August.
- Jere H. Behrman, 1976. "Appendices to "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: Chile"," NBER Chapters, in: Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: Chile, pages 313-390 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ramos, Joseph R., 1980. "The economics of hyperstagflation : Stabilization policy in post 1973 Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 467-488, December.
- Erzan R, 1986. "External account, growth and employment in Egypt and Turkey: historical review and prospects," ILO Working Papers 248522, International Labour Organization.
- Charles R. Frank Jr. & Kwang Suk Kim & Larry E. Westphal, 1975. "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: South Korea," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fran75-1.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1982. "Trade and Employment in Developing Countries, vol. 2: Factor Supply and Substitution," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number krue82-1.
- Ahluwalia, Montek S., 1976. "Inequality, poverty and development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 307-342, December.
- Islam, Iyanatul & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 1986. "Export-Led Development, Labour-Market Conditions and the Distribution of Income: The Case of Singapore," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 113-27, June.
- Jere H. Behrman, 1976. "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: Chile," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number behr76-1.
- Sheehey, Edmund J., 1984. "Money and output in Latin America : Some tests of a rational expectations approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 203-218.
- Collier P, 1988. "Macro-economic policy, employment and living standards in Malawi and Tanzania, 1973-84," ILO Working Papers 259717, International Labour Organization.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.