Generation and diffusion of agricultural technology: a review of theories and experiences
AbstractILO pub-WEP pub. Working paper, literature survey of theories and experience relating to technology transfer, generation and diffusion of agricultural technology - covers modernization, factor endowments, income distribution, dependence relations, agricultural research, agricultural extension and environmental aspects. Bibliography and graph.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Labour Organization in its series ILO Working Papers with number 226021.
Length: 1 V. pages
Date of creation: 1983
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Technology and employment programme, working paper series
WEP pub; theory; technology transfer; agricultural technology; modernization; income distribution; dependence; agricultural research; agricultural extension; environment; bibliography; graph; pub PME; théorie; transfert des techniques; technologie agricole; pub PME; teoría; transferencia de tecnología; tecnología agrícola; modernisation; répartition du revenu; dépendance; recherche agricole; vulgarisation agricole; environnement; bibliographie; graphique; modernización; distribución del ingreso; dependencia; investigación agrícola; extensión agrícola; medio ambiente; bibliografía; gráfico;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clark, Norman, 1980. "Organisational aspects of Nigeria's research system," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 148-172, April.
- Stavis, Benedict, 1978. "Agricultural research and extension services in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 631-645, May.
- Trigo, Eduardo J. & Pineiro, Martin E., 1981. "Dynamics of agricultural research organization in Latin America," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 2-10, February.
- Redclift, Michael, 1983. "Production Programs for Small Farmers: Plan Puebla as Myth and Reality," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(3), pages 551-70, April.
- Nelson, Richard R, 1974. " Less Developed Countries-Technology Transfer and Adaptation: The Role of the Indigenous Science Community," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 61-77, October.
- Payne, P. R., 1976. "Nutrition planning and food policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 107-115, February.
- Agarwal, Bina, 1983. "Diffusion of rural innovations: Some analytical issues and the case of wood-burning stoves," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 359-376, April.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1975. "Technical and institutional transfer in agricultural development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 350-378, October.
- Idachaba, Francis Sulemanu, 1980. "Agricultural research policy in Nigeria:," Research reports 17, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Biggs, Stephen D., 1983. "Monitoring and control in agricultural research systems : Maize in Northern India," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 37-59, February.
- Biggs, Stephen D. & Clay, Edward J., 1981. "Sources of innovation in agricultural technology," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 321-336, April.
- Rogers, Everett M, 1976. " New Product Adoption and Diffusion," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(4), pages 290-301, March.
- Pray, Carl E., 1983. "Private agricultural research in Asia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 131-140, May.
- Collinson, M.P., 1982. "Farming Systems Research in Eastern Africa: The Experience of CIMMYT and Some National Agricultural Research Services, 1976-81," Food Security International Development Papers 54068, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Pineiro, M. & Trigo, E. & Fiorentino, R., 1979. "Technical change in Latin American agriculture : A conceptual framework for its interpretation," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 169-177, August.
- Cleaver, Harry M, Jr, 1972. "The Contradictions of the Green Revolution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(2), pages 177-86, May.
- Guttman, Joel M, 1978. "Interest Groups and the Demand for Agricultural Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 467-84, June.
- Rajeswari S., 1995. "Agricultural research effort: Conceptual clarity and measurement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 617-635, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.