A Presentation of Genetic Algorithms and Their Applications in Economics (in French)
AbstractWe present the basic mechanisms of Genetic Algorithms and some significant applications of these algorithms in economics. The article also provides a representative reference list on this topic.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Equipe Industries Innovation Institutions, Université Bordeaux IV, France in its series Working Papers with number 2001-3.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Genetic Algorithms; Computational Economics; Optimisation; Bounded Rationality; Learning;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2001-09-26 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2001-09-26 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2001-09-26 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-TID-2001-09-26 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.