The Impact of Economic Sanctions on US Trade: Andrew Rose's Gravity Model
AbstractWith the end of the Cold War, the focus of US foreign policy changed--and so did that of economic sanctions. Partly because of increased cooperation within the UN framework, economic sanctions were imposed so routinely in the early 1990s that scholars called that period the sanctions decade. This proliferation sparked intense debate about the effectiveness of sanctions as a policy tool and moved US sanctions policy to the center of public discourse.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Peterson Institute for International Economics in its series Policy Briefs with number PB03-04.
Date of creation: Apr 2003
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Kimberly Ann Elliott & Tess Cyrus & Elizabeth Winston, 1997. "US Economic Sanctions: Their Impact on Trade, Jobs, and Wages," Working Paper Series Working Paper Special (2), Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2002.
"Do We Really KNow that the WTO Increases Trade?,"
182002, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Axel Dreher & Panu Poutvaara, 2005.
"Student Flows and Migration: An Empirical Analysis,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1490, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dreher, Axel & Poutvaara, Panu, 2005. "Student Flows and Migration: An Empirical Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 1612, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Axel Dreher & Panu Poutvaara, 2006. "Student Flows and Migration: An Empirical Analysis," KOF Working papers 06-142, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Axel Dreher & Panu Poutvaara, 2005. "Student Flows and Migration: An Empirical Analysis ," TWI Research Paper Series 8, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
- Raul Caruso, 2003.
"The Impact of International Economic Sanctions on Trade An empirical Analysis,"
- Caruso Raul, 2003. "The Impact of International Economic Sanctions on Trade: An Empirical Analysis," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 1-36, April.
- Kubo, Koji, 2013. "Myanmar's non-resource export potential after the lifting of economic sanctions : a gravity model analysis," IDE Discussion Papers 426, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.