FAUN 1.1 User Manual
AbstractToday's neurocomputation usually is based on complete software emulation and is therefore often called neurosimulation. Inputs, outputs, neurons, synapses and weights are implemented in software. The neurosimulator FAUN (Fast Approximation with Universal Neural networks) enables supervised learning with 3- and 4-layered perceptrons and also radial basis functions. A FAUN user has to provide patterns, i.e. input-output pairs explaining a mathematical relation. Then artificial neural networks (ANN) are trained to learn the relation with a black-box approach. A well trained ANN reasonably interpolates and extrapolates between the patterns (generalization). This discussion paper shows in detail how FAUN works and gives several examples of use.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut für Wirtschaftsinformatik, Universität Hannover in its series IWI Discussion Paper Series with number 16.
Length: 134 pages
Date of creation: 04 Aug 2005
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePEc-Administrator) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask RePEc-Administrator to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.