Discontinuidades en el crecimiento económico en el periodo 1870-1994: España en perspectiva comparada
AbstractTiming and measuring of Spanish economic growth process in the long term has generated a long debate among a great bulk of researchers. In this paper, we analyze the statistical properties of some Spanish macroeconomic time series in order to offer new evidence to this debate. In particular, we study two macroeconomic series (GDP and per capita GDP) along the period 1870-1994. Besides, the study presents the Spanish case in comparison with the trajectories followed by a reduced group of developed countries: Italy, France, Deutschland, United Kingdom and the United States.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB) in its series Working Papers with number 2002/4.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Economic growth; Spanish economic history; Structural breaks;
Other versions of this item:
- Jordi Pons Novell & Daniel A. Tirado Fabregat, . "Discontinuidades en el crecimiento económico en el periodo 1870-1994: España en perspectiva comparada," Studies on the Spanish Economy 98, FEDEA.
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2007.
"Growth and Structural Change in Spain, 1850-2000: A European Perspective,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/14972, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- de la Escosura, Leandro Prados, 2007. "Growth and structural change in Spain, 1850–2000: a european perspective," Revista de Historia Económica, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 147-181, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.