Wage inequality in Spain: A regional perspective
AbstractThis study examines wage inequality in the Spanish labour market from a regional perspective, drawing on stochastic dominance techniques. The main findings are, firstly, that wage inequality exhibits a significant regional heterogeneity and, secondly, that the reduction of wage inequality in the Spanish labour market in recent years is a general phenomenon. It is also observed that regional differences in workforce heterogeneity and the mix of jobs and workplaces and their returns are influential factors in the explanation of regional heterogeneity in the levels of wage inequality.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB) in its series Working Papers with number 2010/24.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Wage inequality; stochastic dominance; Spain;
Other versions of this item:
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roberto Bande & Melchor Fernandez & Victor Montuenga, 2005.
"Regional Unemployment in Spain: Disparities, Business Cycle and Wage Setting,"
Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica
0035, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
- Bande, Roberto & Fernández, Melchor & Montuenga, Víctor, 2008. "Regional unemployment in Spain: Disparities, business cycle and wage setting," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 885-914, October.
- Roberto Bande & Melchor Fernandez & Víctor Manuel Montuenga, 2005. "Regional Unemployment in Spain - Disparities, Business Cycle and Wage Setting," ERSA conference papers ersa05p489, European Regional Science Association.
- Philip Ducaju & Erwan Gautier & Daphné Momferatou & Mélanie Ward-Warmedinge, 2008.
"Institutional features of wage bargaining in 23 European countries, the US and Japan,"
Working Paper Research
154, National Bank of Belgium.
- Philip Du Caju & Erwan Gautier & Daphne Momferatu & Melanie Ward-Warmedinger, 2009. "Institutional Features of Wage Bargaining in 23 European Countries, the US and Japan," Ekonomia, Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus, vol. 12(2), pages 57-108, Winter.
- Du Caju, Philip & Gautier, Erwan & Momferatou, Daphne & Ward-Warmedinger, Melanie E., 2008. "Institutional Features of Wage Bargaining in 23 European Countries, the US and Japan," IZA Discussion Papers 3867, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Philip Du Caju & Erwan Gautier & Daphne Momferatou & Melanie Ward-Warmedinger, 2008. "Institutional features of wage bargaining in 23 European countries, the US and Japan," Working Paper Series 974, European Central Bank.
- Du Caju, Ph. & Gautier, E. & Momferatou, D. & Ward-Warmedinger, M., 2008. "Institutional features of wage bargaining in 23 European countries, the US and Japan," Working papers 228, Banque de France.
- Lorenzo Serrano Martínez, 1999. "- Salarios Regionales Y Dotaciones De Capital Humano," Working Papers. Serie EC 1999-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Mario Izquierdo & Aitor Lacuesta, 2007.
"Wage inequality in Spain - recent developments,"
Working Paper Series
781, European Central Bank.
- Hipolito Simon & Raul Ramos & Esteban Sanroma, 2006.
"Collective bargaining and regional wage differences in Spain: an empirical analysis,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 38(15), pages 1749-1760.
- Hipólito J. Simón & Raúl Ramos & Esteve Sanromà, 2005. "Collective bargaining and regional wage differences in Spain: An empirical analysis," Working Papers 2005/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Inmaculada Garcia & Jose Alberto Molina, 2002. "Inter-regional wage differentials in Spain," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 209-215.
- Beach, Charles M. & Chow, K. Victor & Formby, John P. & Slotsve, George A., 1994. "Statistical inference for decile means," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 161-167, June.
- Beach, Charles M & Davidson, Russell, 1983. "Distribution-Free Statistical Inference with Lorenz Curves and Income Shares," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 723-35, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.