Movilidad intergeneracional de ingresos y educativa en España (1980-90)
AbstractThis paper quantifies, first, the intergenerational income mobility for Spain in 1980 and 1990. Mobility is defined as the correlation of the income transmission from one generation to another. The results show an increase of income mobility during the 80' decade. This increase is not homogeneous for men and women neither for the place the individuals live. Second, it quantifies the intergenerational educational mobility, that is, the rate of the transmission of schooling between parents and sons/daughters in 1990. The results show a low dependence of schooling between generations. Finally, the two intergenerational mobility measures -income and education- cannot be considered equal.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB) in its series Working Papers with number 2004/1.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Intergenerational education mobility; Intergenerational income mobility;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- I29 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- María Gil Izquierdo & Laura de Pablos Escobar & María Martínez Torres, 2010. "Los determinantes socioeconómicos de la demanda de Educación Superior en España y la movilidad educativa intergeneracional," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, IEF, vol. 193(2), pages 75-108, June.
- María Cervini-Plá, 2013.
"Exploring the Sources of Earnings Transmission in Spain,"
Hacienda Pública Española, IEF,
IEF, vol. 204(1), pages 45-66, March.
- Cervini-Plá, María, 2012. "Exploring the sources of earnings transmission in Spain," MPRA Paper 36093, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ada Ferrer-i-carbonell & X. Ramos & M. Oviedo, 2013. "GINI Country Report: Growing Inequalities and their Impacts in Spain," GINI Country Reports, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies spain, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.