Regulation of a Monopoly Generating Externalities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse in its series IDEI Working Papers with number 469.
Date of creation: Jul 2007
Date of revision: Jan 2011
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manufacture des Tabacs, Aile Jean-Jacques Laffont, 21 Allée de Brienne, 31000 TOULOUSE
Phone: +33 (0)5 61 12 85 89
Fax: + 33 (0)5 61 12 86 37
Web page: http://www.idei.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Monopoly
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-08-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-08-27 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2007-08-27 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2007-08-27 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2007-08-27 (Regulation)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Green, Jerry & Sheshinski, Eytan, 1976.
"Direct versus Indirect Remedies for Externalities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 797-808, August.
- De Fraja, Gianni & Iozzi, Alberto, 2004. "Bigger and Better: A Dynamic Regulatory Mechanism for Optimum Quality," CEPR Discussion Papers 4502, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roques, F.A. & Savva , N.S., 2006. "Price Cap Regulation and Investment Incentives under Demand Uncertainty," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0636, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Acton, Jan Paul & Vogelsang, Ingo, 1992. "Telephone Demand over the Atlantic: Evidence from Country-Pair Data," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 305-23, September.
- A. Michael Spence, 1975. "Monopoly, Quality, and Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 417-429, Autumn.
- Diamond, Peter A & Mirrlees, James A, 1973. "Aggregate Production with Consumption Externalities," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Billette de Villemeur, Etienne, 2004. "Regulation in the air: price-and-frequency caps," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 465-476, November.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 2000. "Price and quantity competition among heterogeneous suppliers with two-part pricing: applications to clubs, local public goods, networks, and growth controls," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 587-608, December.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Gahvari, Firouz, 2002.
" Nonlinear Pricing, Redistribution, and Optimal Tax Policy,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 4(2), pages 139-61.
- Cremer, H. & Gahvari, F., 1996. "Nonlinear Pricing, Redistribution and Optimal Tax Policy," Papers 95.393, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- David Sappington, 2005. "Regulating Service Quality: A Survey," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 123-154, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.