Switching to a Poor Business Activity: Optimal Capital Structure, Agency Costs and Convenant Rules
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse in its series IDEI Working Papers with number 375.
Date of creation: Sep 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Annals of Finance, vol.�3, n°3, 2007, p.�389-409.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manufacture des Tabacs, Aile Jean-Jacques Laffont, 21 Allée de Brienne, 31000 TOULOUSE
Phone: +33 (0)5 61 12 85 89
Fax: + 33 (0)5 61 12 86 37
Web page: http://www.idei.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Paul Décamps & Bertrand Djembissi, 2007. "Switching to a poor business activity: optimal capital structure, agency costs and covenant rules," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 389-409, July.
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2006-09-30 (Business Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2006-09-30 (Public Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hayne E. Leland, 2007. "Financial Synergies and the Optimal Scope of the Firm: Implications for Mergers, Spinoffs, and Structured Finance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(2), pages 765-807, 04.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1994.
" Corporate Debt Value, Bond Covenants, and Optimal Capital Structure,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1213-52, September.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1994. "Corporate Debt Value, Bond Covenants, and Optimal Capital Structure," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-233, University of California at Berkeley.
- Decamps, Jean-Paul & Faure-Grimaud, Antoine, 2002.
"Excessive continuation and dynamic agency costs of debt,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1623-1644, October.
- Décamps, Jean-Paul & Faure-Grimaud, Antoine, 2000. "Excessive Continuation and Dynamic Agency Costs of Debt," IDEI Working Papers 99, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Decamps, J.-P. & Faure-Grimaud, A., 2000. "Excessive Continuation and Dynamic Agency Costs of Debt," Papers 00-533, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Décamps, Jean Paul & Faure-Grimaud, Antoine, 2000. "Excessive continuation and Dynamic Agency Costs of Debt," CEPR Discussion Papers 2504, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-Paul Décamps, 2000. "Excessive Continuation and Dynamic Agency Costs of Debt," FMG Discussion Papers dp348, Financial Markets Group.
- Robert R. Bliss, 2001. "Market discipline and subordinated debt: a review of some salient issues," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 24-45.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1998.
"Agency Costs, Risk Management, and Capital Structure,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
RPF-278, University of California at Berkeley.
- Hayne E. Leland, 1998. "Agency Costs, Risk Management, and Capital Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1213-1243, 08.
- Goldstein, Robert & Ju, Nengjiu & Leland, Hayne, 2001. "An EBIT-Based Model of Dynamic Capital Structure," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(4), pages 483-512, October.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Sundaresan, Suresh, 1996. "Design and Valuation of Debt Contracts," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 37-68.
- Mauer, David C & Triantis, Alexander J, 1994. " Interactions of Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions: A Dynamic Framework," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1253-77, September.
- Childs, Paul D. & Mauer, David C. & Ott, Steven H., 2005. "Interactions of corporate financing and investment decisions: The effects of agency conflicts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 667-690, June.
- Djembissi, Bertrand, 2011. "Excessive risk taking and the maturity structure of debt," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1800-1816, October.
- Kuersten, Wolfgang & Linde, Rainer, 2011. "Corporate hedging versus risk-shifting in financially constrained firms: The time-horizon matters!," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 502-525, June.
- Agliardi, Elettra & Andergassen, Rainer, 2009.
"Last resort gambles, risky debt and liquidation policy,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 142-155, August.
- Elettra Agliardi & Rainer Andergassen, 2007. "Last Resort Gambles, Risky Debt and Liquidation Policy," Working Paper Series 31-07, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jul 2007.
- E. Agliardi & R. Andergassen, 2006. "Last Resort Gambles, Risky Debt and Liquidation Policy," Working Papers 577, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.