Financial Services for the Poor: Household Survey Sources and Gaps in Borrowing and Saving
AbstractThis document measures access and use of financial services making use of information from household surveys in Latin America and the Caribbean
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 8433.
Date of creation: Jul 2007
Date of revision:
Financial Sector; Financial services; Glenn Westey; Luis Tejerina; financial sector development; microfinance; household surveys; poor; access to finance; microenterprise;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Honohan, Patrick, 2005. "Measuring microfinance access : building on existing cross-country data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3606, The World Bank.
- Stefan Dercon & Tessa Bold, 2007.
"Insurance for the Poor?,"
Economics Series Working Papers
GPRG-WPS-073, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Glenn D. Westley, 2001. "Can Financial Market Policies Reduce Income Inequality?," IDB Publications 41498, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Claessens, Stijn, 2006.
"Access to financial services: a review of the issues and public policy objectives,"
Journal of Financial Transformation,
Capco Institute, vol. 17, pages 16-19.
- Stijn Claessens, 2006. "Access to Financial Services: A Review of the Issues and Public Policy Objectives," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 207-240.
- Claessens, Stijn, 2005. "Access to financial services: a review of the issues and public policy objectives," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3589, The World Bank.
- repec:idb:brikps:publication-detail,7101.html?id=23705 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:idb:brikps:36799 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ricardo N. Bebczuk, 2008. "Financial Inclusion in Latin America and the Caribbean: Review and Lessons," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0068, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Pablo Samaniego & Luis Tejerina, 2010. "Financial Inclusion Through the Bono de Desarrollo Humano in Ecuador: Exploring Options and Beneficiary Readiness," IDB Publications 8430, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ardic, Oya Pinar & Heimann, Maximilien & Mylenko, Nataliya, 2011. "Access to financial services and the financial inclusion agenda around the world : a cross-country analysis with a new data set," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5537, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.