Financial Institutions and the Remittances Market in the Dominican Republic
AbstractThe MIF made a partnership with the Earth Institute at Columbia University to jointly administer a permanent program on remittance studies in Latin America and the Caribbean. I'ts a three-year research and dissemination program to promote best practices in remittance transmission in Latin America, as well as to craft policy prescriptions for governments, the financial sector, aid organizations, and civil society
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 8431.
Date of creation: Nov 2004
Date of revision:
Remittances; Remittances; immigrants; Dominican Republic; Latin America; Caribbean; Financial Institutions Remesas; inmigrantes; República Dominicana; América Latina; Caribe; Instituciones Financieras;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:idb:brikps:publication-detail,7101.html?id=6686 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Honohan, Patrick, 2002. "Banking policy and macroeconomic stability - an exploration," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2856, The World Bank.
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) & Bendixen & Amandi (B&A), 2004. "Remittances and the Dominican Republic: Survey of Recipients in the Dominican Republic, Survey of Senders in the United States," IDB Publications 7499, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), 2004. "Sending Money Home: Remittance to Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications 6918, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Robert C. Merton, 1995.
"Financial Innovation and the Management and Regulation of Financial Institutions,"
NBER Working Papers
5096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merton, Robert C., 1995. "Financial innovation and the management and regulation of financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 461-481, June.
- Raúl Hernández-Coss & Chinyere Egwuagu Bun, 2007. "The UK-Nigeria Remittance Corridor : Challenges of Embracing Formal Transfer Systems in a Dual Financial Environment," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6654, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.