Monetary and Exchange Rate Policies for the Perfect Storm: The Case of the Bahamas, Barbados, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Suriname, and Trinidad & Tobago
AbstractThis study provides a set of tools to analyze the monetary and exchange rate policy issues in the seven countries of the Inter-American Development Banks Caribbean region (The Bahamas, Barbados, Jamaica, Haiti, Guyana, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago). It then applies some of them to the analysis of the impact of the global turmoil on these economies in the last quarter of 2008. The paper also discusses, in light of both recent theoretical developments and key aspects of these economies, the monetary and exchange policy responses to the initial phase of the global turmoil.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 6775.
Date of creation: Oct 2009
Date of revision:
Monetary Policy; WP-678;
Other versions of this item:
- Andre Minella & Andrew Powell & Alessandro Rebucci & Nelson Souza-Sobrino, 2009. "Monetary and Exchange Rate Policies for the Perfect Storm: The Case of The Bahamas, Barbados, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Suriname, and Trinidad & Tobago," Research Department Publications 4638, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William Poole, 1969.
"Optimal choice of monetary policy instruments in a simple stochastic macro model,"
Special Studies Papers
2, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Poole, William, 1970. "Optimal Choice of Monetary Policy Instruments in a Simple Stochastic Macro Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 197-216, May.
- William Poole, 1970. "Optimal choice of monetary policy instruments in a simple stochastic macro model," Staff Studies 57, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.