Dealing with Coordination Issues in Rural Development Projects: Game Theory Insights
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to review the literature on coordination failures, apply game theory to coordination issues within selected rural development projects in order to develop a set of guidelines to avoid and minimize coordination failures. The ultimate aim is to promote development effectiveness by helping to improve project design. The intended audience is operational staff of the bank, staff in other donor agencies, policy makers, and academics interested in development effectiveness, enterprise development, and rural development. Case studies concern themselves with the rural agricultural and non-agricultural development in Latin America, but the theoretical insights can be applied to any sector or region of the world.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Inter-American Development Bank in its series IDB Publications with number 53318.
Date of creation: Jun 2007
Date of revision:
Rural development; Economic Development & Growth; Agricultural policy; project coordination; logistics; coordination failures; game theory; project design;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ciccone, A. & Matsuyama, K., 1993.
"Start-Up Costs and Pecuniary Externalities as Barriers to Economic Development,"
533, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Ciccone, Antonio & Matsuyama, Kiminori, 1996. "Start-up costs and pecuniary externalities as barriers to economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 33-59, April.
- Antonio Ciccone & Kiminori Matsuyama, 1993. "Start-Up Costs and Pecuniary Externalities as Barriers to Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 4363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Ciccone & Kiminori Matsuyama, 1993. "Start-up costs and pecuniary externalities as barriers to economic development," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 83, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Antonio Ciccone & Kiminori Matsuyama, 1995. "Start-up costs and pecuniary externalities as barriers to economic development," Economics Working Papers 142, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Antonio Ciccone & Kiminori Matsuyama, 1992. "Start-up Costs and Pecuniary Externalities as Barriers to Economic Development," Discussion Papers 1031, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Octavio Damiani, 2007. "Rural Development from a Territorial Perspective: Case Studies in Asia and Latin America," IDB Publications 52058, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Murphy, Kevin M. & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1989.
"Industrialization and the Big Push,"
3606235, Harvard University Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Daniel Martinez) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Luis Daniel Martinez to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.